Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU better have people working on moving conferences...

BIG NEWS:

AF and CSU decline AAC join…

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

❤️
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

BIG NEWS:

AF and CSU decline AAC join…

Posted On: Oct 1st 2021, 10:41 AM #403739

Hear is a story on it;

https://sports.yahoo.com/sorry-aac-air-force-and-colorado-state-are-staying-in-the-mountain-west-conference-143404417.html
Back to the top

Some speculate some Belt teams but AAC NEEDS the bogger media markets offered by CUSA like ours! NO Belt team offers that.
Back to the top

Hoping for us, UAB , UTSA and marshall.  Fearing they take Charlotte instead of marshall

Either way , let's hope we get in.   Yes more teams like memphis, SMU or Tulsa could leave in the future.   But we would be in an ESPN conference with the ability to pull the best left in cusa and the sun belt as replacements if they do

Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

Hoping for us, UAB , UTSA and marshall.  Fearing they take Charlotte instead of marshall

Either way , let's hope we get in.   Yes more teams like memphis, SMU or Tulsa could leave in the future.   But we would be in an ESPN conference with the ability to pull the best left in cusa and the sun belt as replacements if they do

Posted On: Oct 1st 2021, 1:48 PM #403743

I think I'd rather have Charlotte than UTSA; nothing against them; meep-meep, or whatever. But maybe I'm letting geography be too influential?
Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

SeminOwl28 said

Posted On: Oct 1st 2021, 1:48 PM #403743

I think I'd rather have Charlotte than UTSA; nothing against them; meep-meep, or whatever. But maybe I'm letting geography be too influential?
Posted On: Oct 1st 2021, 2:02 PM #403744

I'm for all the eastern teams we can get but at least one will likely be in the west
Back to the top

Think they will want UTSA to replace Houston and to partner with SMU and UNCC much bigger media market than Huntington WV
Back to the top

Marshall is 110% not in the picture to join the AAC.

UTSA is a better shot of joining the AAC than UNT, because of the SMU situation.

ECU may have an issue with Charlotte joining, but I haven't heard from a source saying that the Greenville based school is against it.

A source told me three weeks ago that USF WOULD NOT veto FAU's addition to the AAC. Granted, a lot can change in 24 hours, let alone three weeks.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

I would hope that having former FAU Coaches here would help too! And a local travel game every 2 years still cant hurt I would think! Not to mention non-revenue sports!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: