Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU better have people working on moving conferences...

I’m more concerned about baseball than Basketball. Baseball for years was the one program that was winning on a consistent basis and it was overlooked badly. Now with the gift it’s a game changer but more can still be done to improve it. 

Also my thing is this? 

Where is the master plan for Athletics future? I heard the Oxley is planned to renovated? But what about field behind it. You could bill a top of the line swimming diving facility or a new soccer complex and then use the space to expand the baseball complex or build a practice facility for basketball than really convert the burrow for big time use. Just ideas but saying what is the plan for 20 years down the road. Big time programs don’t look year to year or five years. They look ahead 10-20 years in the terms of facilities and how to make the department better. 
Back to the top

Rick said

Just sharing what I know, and every time I do it's attacked, so done.

Posted On: Oct 10th 2021, 11:28 AM #404101

That's not an attack.  I do find it hard to believe that the American wouldn't care about our basketball program and arena being a joke.  

That's our major flaw.  But to be fair , all cusa have some flaws

The rumors seem to be trending away from us.  If they don't care about out basketball arena and south Florida isn't blocking us, then I don't see how we get left out
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

I’m more concerned about baseball than Basketball. Baseball for years was the one program that was winning on a consistent basis and it was overlooked badly. Now with the gift it’s a game changer but more can still be done to improve it. 

Also my thing is this? 

Where is the master plan for Athletics future? I heard the Oxley is planned to renovated? But what about field behind it. You could bill a top of the line swimming diving facility or a new soccer complex and then use the space to expand the baseball complex or build a practice facility for basketball than really convert the burrow for big time use. Just ideas but saying what is the plan for 20 years down the road. Big time programs don’t look year to year or five years. They look ahead 10-20 years in the terms of facilities and how to make the department better. 
Posted On: Oct 10th 2021, 12:01 PM #404102

I care about baseball more too but that's just because we have a solid program there and basketball is a joke

Basketball is valued on the grand scale though.  Baseball isn't
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

Rick said

That's not an attack.  I do find it hard to believe that the American wouldn't care about our basketball program and arena being a joke.  

That's our major flaw.  But to be fair , all cusa have some flaws

The rumors seem to be trending away from us.  If they don't care about out basketball arena and south Florida isn't blocking us, then I don't see how we get left out
Posted On: Oct 10th 2021, 12:02 PM #404103
I can see them not caring about the basketball arena. The thing is, when they poach from lower conferences, it's expected there would be some devaluation. Like the Big XII is losing Texas and Oklahoma, and replacing them with UCF.
Back to the top

I think the biggest roadblock against FAU is the institutional profile and USF allowing FAU into the conference. I think they see FIU as more of a peer university with their R1 research status and academic ranking and would use that to push for them over FAU knowing that there is no way the rest of the AAC would vote for FIU. That is complete speculation on my part though but I did read elsewhere that USF was favoring FIU.

If FIU had invested recently in athletics as much as FAU and had FAU’s facilities, attendance, and recent success I think they would be a lock for the AAC. I know some on here have revealed from their sources that USF was not going to block FAU’s entrance but I’ll believe it when I see it. I could be wrong but I don’t see USF allowing any other Florida university into the conference.
Back to the top

owl said

I think the biggest roadblock against FAU is the institutional profile and USF allowing FAU into the conference. I think they see FIU as more of a peer university with their R1 research status and academic ranking and would use that to push for them over FAU knowing that there is no way the rest of the AAC would vote for FIU. That is complete speculation on my part though but I did read elsewhere that USF was favoring FIU.

If FIU had invested recently in athletics as much as FAU and had FAU’s facilities, attendance, and recent success I think they would be a lock for the AAC. I know some on here have revealed from their sources that USF was not going to block FAU’s entrance but I’ll believe it when I see it. I could be wrong but I don’t see USF allowing any other Florida university into the conference.
Posted On: Oct 10th 2021, 1:42 PM #404109

I thought about how FIU has basically been an afterthought (or no thought) in the conference realignment chatter. They've left their fb program languish at a time they would have been right at the top of the list had they had some level of football competency. Not sure the AAC cares too much about academic profiles, but FIU is indeed one of the hottest national public universities.
Back to the top

Rick said

Keep sharing the news, Rick! It’s much appreciated. 
Back to the top
Control functions: