Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Football in the 2021 C-USA Virtual Media Day

So the Conference is brave enough to play all games no matter what but NOT brave enough for a real traditional live in-person Conference Media Day?????? Typical to force the athletes to take all the risks of injuries and illnesses. LAME LEADERSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I agree with Jake earlier by the way. And I feel the players are gonna be shocked when the IRS decides it wants a cut of these earnings, such as the MILLION a Bama QB who has NEVER EVEN STARTED A GAME is gonna be making. THIS WILL DESTROY COLLEGE TEAMS where a guy is making $$$ and 70-90 on a squad are getting squat!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

So the Conference is brave enough to play all games no matter what but NOT brave enough for a real traditional live in-person Conference Media Day?????? Typical to force the athletes to take all the risks of injuries and illnesses. LAME LEADERSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I agree with Jake earlier by the way. And I feel the players are gonna be shocked when the IRS decides it wants a cut of these earnings, such as the MILLION a Bama QB who has NEVER EVEN STARTED A GAME is gonna be making. THIS WILL DESTROY COLLEGE TEAMS where a guy is making $$$ and 70-90 on a squad are getting squat!
Posted On: Jul 21st 2021, 3:58 PM #402617

I honestly was surprised by how many media days were in person this year. I'll also add that I do wonder how well-attended it would've been. I know that the Post and Sentinel each used either Texas-based freelancers, AP stories, or writers at sister papers for media day coverage when I was covering FAU, so this at least created opportunities in theory for the actual beat people to do it remotely.

The NIL is another conversation entirely but I do agree about IRS. There's a part of me that's been worried that student-athletes around the country signed deals without reading fine print and it's going to cost them badly. NCAA had months to sit around and say, we know Florida is likely going to have theirs running by July 1, let's create an in-depth strategy. Instead it turned into the Wild West. I'm all for players making money off name, image, and likeness, but there could, and likely will, be problems in 4-6 months.

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top
Control functions: