Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU in the 2020 NFL Draft

Local Owl said

This is another example of how scientific sports have become. Numbers are gathered and placed into a "how toi grade a football player" program. We saw HB 40 number. Not too good. As fans we said, yes if was slow but he is sooo good. Pro GMs  look at only the numbers. HB will get drafted. Then he will need to earn a spot. This is a different  level. Slipping out of the third round should not be shocking.
Posted On: Apr 25th 2020, 7:14 AM #394815
Below are some of the most productive college QB's of all time.  MOST were not drafted high (if at all).  Production in college football doesn't equal pro potential.

I think Harrison will have a good pro career and am obviously rooting for him.  But I agree with you, there are some glaring holes in his athleticism and how it will translate to the pro level.

Going to have to prove himself.  The Browns...

Eric Crouch (Nebraska): 33-5 record in three seasons as starter, 121.1 QB rating, 90 total TDs, one Big 12 title, 2001 Heisman Trophy winner
Ty Detmer (BYU): 28-9-2 in three seasons as starter, 162.7 QB rating, 135 total TDs, three WAC titles, 1990 Heisman Trophy winner, two-time consensus All-American
Ken Dorsey (Miami): 35-2 record in three seasons as starter, 147.4 QB rating, 88 total TDs, one national title, three Big East titles
Doug Flutie (Boston College): 32-14-1 record in four seasons as starter, 130.9 QB rating, 74 total TDs, 1984 Heisman Trophy winner, consensus All-American
Andrew Luck (Stanford): 31-8 record in three seasons as starter, 162.8 QB rating, 89 total TDs
Peyton Manning (Tennessee): 39-6 record in four seasons (three full) as starter, 147.1 QB rating, 101 total TDs, one SEC title, consensus All-American
Johnny Manziel (Texas A&M): 20-6 record in two seasons as starter, 164.1 QB rating, 93 total TDs, 2012 Heisman Trophy winner, consensus All-American
AJ McCarron (Alabama): 36-4 record in three seasons as starter, 162.5 QB rating, 80 total TDs, two national titles, one SEC title
Colt McCoy (Texas): 45-8 record in four seasons as starter, 155.0 QB rating, 132 total TDs, one Big 12 title, two-time consensus All-American
Davey O'Brien (TCU): 15-4-2 record in two seasons as starter, 164.3 QB rating, 24 total TDs, one national title, one SWC title, 1938 Heisman Trophy winner, consensus All-American
Roger Staubach (Navy): 16-10-1 record in three seasons as starter, 132.1 QB rating, 36 total TDs, 1963 Heisman Trophy winner, consensus All-American
Vinny Testaverde (Miami): 21-3 record in two seasons as starter, 152.9 QB rating, 56 total TDs, 1985 Heisman Trophy winner, consensus All-American
Michael Vick (Virginia Tech): 22-2 in two seasons as starter, 150.6 QB rating, 38 total TDs, two Big East titles
Jameis Winston (Florida State): 26-1 record in two seasons as starter, 163.3 QB rating, 72 total TDs, 2013 Heisman Trophy winner, consensus All-American
Steve Young (BYU): 19-5 in two seasons as starter, 149.8 QB rating, 74 total TDs, two WAC titles, consensus All-American

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Cleveland is FAU North!

Harrison Bryant will join former FAU DL Brandin Bryant in the Rock and Roll Capital of the World. Greg Joseph, Trevon Coley, and Adarius Taylor are also some former Owls who played for the Browns at some point.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Maybe I’m wrong. But I don’t like Cleveland. From the staph infections years ago to still not having been in the playoffs in forever. Maybe having a good qb in mayfield will help I guess 
Back to the top

Let me give you a little help. It doesn't matter if you like the Brown's. Thi s is noiw his profession. As lo g as the check clears on the 15th and  30th. He just needs to do hos job. It takes a little while to figure out it is now a profession . It is sports entertainment. I'm so proud of Harrison  to have excelled to the point where he can make money at it. Very few people are that good. Can't wait to watch what he can do at the next level. Way to go harrison!!!!!
Back to the top

That's it. No dice for James Pierre and the other Owls hoping to hear their names called in the NFL Draft.

BUT…. we SHOULD be confirming a move from Pierre soon.

Back to the top

From Paradise to the Steel City! James Pierre has signed an UFA contact with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Back to the top

Now Rashad Smith has found a home! The star linebacker is headed to Chicago!

Back to the top

I know he's not involved in this draft class, but former FAU safety Andrew Soroh has just signed a contract with defending Super Bowl champions Kansas City Chiefs

Soroh was a star for the XFL's New York Guardians earlier this year.

Back to the top

How AWESOME is this!? Brandon Walton signs with the Buffalo Bills, reuniting with Motor Singletary!

Back to the top

So happy for these kids. Now go do the best job you can.
Back to the top
Control functions: