Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Landmark It's Owl Time to Close

Exactly seven years after opening the doors It's Owl Time founder Mark Noll announces plans to close later this Spring amidst the Coronavirus outbreak

Read more

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here

Is there anything we can do to help save the store? It would be a shame if this great FAU institution was lost due to the coronavirus. I purchased some things earlier today and had family members do so as well. Did Mark say how much he might need to realistically keep the store open?
Back to the top

He did not provide a number, no. I asked multiple times though...
Back to the top

Rick said

He did not provide a number, no. I asked multiple times though…
Posted On: Mar 23rd 2020, 3:37 PM #394525

There is no number because money is not the cause of the problem.  The lack of customers is the problem.  What drives traffic to the store: Students, families visiting their students, sports, fans going to sporting events, recruiting weekends, any activity on campus. All of that is on hold.  You can't say that $50K will save the store when you don't have an end point. $100k doesn't save the store when you don't have an end point. $200k can't save the store if you don't have an end point. What if school gets cancelled until the end of the year or beyond? What if football gets impacted or even cancelled? I want to be proactive and put the control in my hands. I cannot make decisions based on guesses or assumptions. I just can't and I just won't.
Back to the top

Man, I always try to stop by when in town and cop some FAU gear and sport it in NY proudly! I remember one time there was a shirt I really liked but didn't have the color I looked for. Mark literally was able to put the design on the color shirt I wanted on the spot. This really is sad news and I hope Mark comes out of this ok.
Back to the top

d-owl said

Man, I always try to stop by when in town and cop some FAU gear and sport it in NY proudly! I remember one time there was a shirt I really liked but didn't have the color I looked for. Mark literally was able to put the design on the color shirt I wanted on the spot. This really is sad news and I hope Mark comes out of this ok.
Posted On: Apr 1st 2020, 1:00 AM #394546

Thank you so much.  Mark will come out ok. It's Owl Time will not.
Back to the top

Was the store bought then moved? 
Back to the top

Wondering the same myself or was Mark able to secure a better deal (lease).
Back to the top

owlmart said

Was the store bought then moved? 
Posted On: May 29th 2020, 7:26 AM #394983

This is Mark. It's Owl Time as a business (my LLC) is closed. I was able to sell my entire inventory and Domain name (ItsOwlTime.com) to the owners of another business in Boca. They own 2 businesses (Runner's Edge, and Tennis Anyone) on Federal Hwy.  They created some space in their store for FAU Gear.  I am no longer associated with it. But they seem to be really good people and I am very happy there will be options to buy FAU gear. I hope everyone will support them.

It's been the most satisfying 7 years of my life, to create The Store.  It was a great run, and now it is time for the next person to carry it on.

Go Owls!
Back to the top

Thank you for the update. Best of luck on your next chapter!
Back to the top
Control functions: