Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Program vs UCF Program Talk

I’m not jealous of UCF and I don’t hate them. The thing is this. I’ve been following college football since the 80’s. And I’ve done research into college football history going back to the 1950’s or so. It’s true that it was easier to schedule the big boys back then. But teams became elite by beating top teams. It’s not rocket science and I’m not the smartest guy.
UCF, and I know I’m going to attract every fan on this board of which there are an alarming amount. UCF doesn’t have a signature win. They beat a 3 loss Auburn team. That’s their biggest win.
As I’ve noted, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that UCF’s plan was to avoid really good teams and gain as much publicity as possible. It worked but they claimed they were elite which was a disgrace. That’s what bothers me. They said there was a problem with the system when they knew full well they could’ve schedule teams like Alabama and gone to the playoffs if they won. They did it for publicity. 
As far as FAU, I’d like to see us playing the P5 Florida teams on a regular basis. A schedule that includes Miami and UCF for instance is a nice kind of schedule to have. Is it hard to play at Alabama and get to the NY6 game that’s a tough question. I do know think we should consistently play at a really good teams. Maybe not every year but almost. Winning one of those games, which UCF has yet to do, will give us a legitimate shot and the playoff and serious discussion for moving up conferences. I think we should keep scheduling better teams than UCF but some years have it be Florida teams which may not be at that elite level. 
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Posted On: Aug 2nd 2020, 6:01 PM #395490
Great news word is FAU might be scheduling a 1 game series at UCF for this year.  Like you said you got to play bigger dogs at their house to get any credibility.     Due to C-19 UCF/FAU needs a flexible local schedule.  Guess we will see once again if FAU can win at larger stage.
Back to the top

Sorry, but I don't think playing at a team that finished 24th, and in all likelihood won't even be ranked is a big dog. What part of you won't be ranked preseason do you not understand? How about the part where you won't be ranked this preseason.
You're a team that……. won't be ranked. Ok, that's what you are. Did I mention you're going to be unranked? And what conference are you in…….?
Guess what? Your school is nothing in the grand scheme of things. What part of your team isn't that good do you not understand?
For some reason there are some people here who seem to think UCF is something they’re  not. Why? They have friends who went there who bullied them and stole their girlfriends. 
As for me, I look down on UCF as a bunch of cowards who have been trying to con everyone with their we don’t schedule anyone elite but we’re elite charade. 

Personally you don’t even have a right to continue this conversation until UCF has a better win than a 3 loss Auburn team who had a star player sit out and had articles written about them which claimed they didn’t take the game seriously. 
Especially since you’re so deluded you think UCF can win the National Championship. 
Memo: You have no signature win
Back to the top

So FAU has University of Miami, FSU and UCF as possible opponents. This is a good FAU team this year. This schedule change might work out bettter if u can win the games. By the way, Im an USF fan who still supports Taggart/Levitt wherever they go lol
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Sorry, but I don't think playing at a team that finished 24th, and in all likelihood won't even be ranked is a big dog. What part of you won't be ranked preseason do you not understand? How about the part where you won't be ranked this preseason.
You're a team that……. won't be ranked. Ok, that's what you are. Did I mention you're going to be unranked? And what conference are you in…….?
Guess what? Your school is nothing in the grand scheme of things. What part of your team isn't that good do you not understand?
For some reason there are some people here who seem to think UCF is something they’re  not. Why? They have friends who went there who bullied them and stole their girlfriends. 
As for me, I look down on UCF as a bunch of cowards who have been trying to con everyone with their we don’t schedule anyone elite but we’re elite charade. 

Personally you don’t even have a right to continue this conversation until UCF has a better win than a 3 loss Auburn team who had a star player sit out and had articles written about them which claimed they didn’t take the game seriously. 
Especially since you’re so deluded you think UCF can win the National Championship. 
Memo: You have no signature win
Posted On: Aug 3rd 2020, 12:25 AM #395492

Once again YOU post about UCF schedule.  
LOL, Gotta say I love the hate you bring.  It feeds me and bottle it up. IF I had time I would rebutt but just say
We have been averaged a ranking of #14 over the past 3 years.
2017 #7
2018 #11
2019 #24
All while FAU has yet to be ranked.

Memo: 1) You have never been ranked, 2)you are in CUSA, 3)you need other fans to buy your tickets. 4) Focus on improving FAU and not starting an argument without any ammo for FAU.
Back to the top

@rob2313, as a FAU  fan, I couldn't agree more with your last post. Now let's let this fade away.
Back to the top

UCF does have wins over  @#8 Louisville, #6 Baylor,  @NC State, @Penn State, @Maryland, Boston College, Georgia, and Auburn like you mentioned…  Its not easy for UCF to schedule top 10/15 (Signature) teams as the more a team like FAU or UCF wins the big boys don't want to play you. 
Back to the top

Trust me, the Alabama’s of the world aren’t scared about hosting UCF. If anything they’d jump at the chance to show up an overrated team while helping the strength of schedule a little bit. 
No top 5 wins for UCF. The only top 5 team they played last decade in the regular season they got beaten down. 
When you’re a G5 team I’m sorry but you need a win better than Baylor or an Auburn team that had serious accusations against them that they weren’t even trying. 
I’m talking like beating someone ON THE ROAD like Alabama or Clemson. You’re G5. Stop acting like you’re not. You’re a mediocre football program.
It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out they’re too scared to schedule the big boys. 
Show me a real win! Quit acting like you’re not G5. You need a real win. Not Baylor or Auburn who didn’t care. I’m talking AT someone like Clemson. But you’re too scared to do that so just keep being delusional.

Again, as a G5 program you have to play AT someone like Alabama or Clemson to gain any respect. It just so happens that UCF acts like little children when the lights go out when it comes to the opportunity to play at an elite team.
Remember, UCF are cowards trying to gain publicity while never playing an elite team on the road. 
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Trust me, the Alabama’s of the world aren’t scared about hosting UCF. If anything they’d jump at the chance to show up an overrated team while helping the strength of schedule a little bit. 
No top 5 wins for UCF. The only top 5 team they played last decade in the regular season they got beaten down. 
When you’re a G5 team I’m sorry but you need a win better than Baylor or an Auburn team that had serious accusations against them that they weren’t even trying. 
I’m talking like beating someone ON THE ROAD like Alabama or Clemson. You’re G5. Stop acting like you’re not. You’re a mediocre football program.
It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out they’re too scared to schedule the big boys. 
Show me a real win! Quit acting like you’re not G5. You need a real win. Not Baylor or Auburn who didn’t care. I’m talking AT someone like Clemson. But you’re too scared to do that so just keep being delusional.

Again, as a G5 program you have to play AT someone like Alabama or Clemson to gain any respect. It just so happens that UCF acts like little children when the lights go out when it comes to the opportunity to play at an elite team.
Remember, UCF are cowards trying to gain publicity while never playing an elite team on the road. 
Posted On: Aug 4th 2020, 11:35 PM #395534

You keep posting and we are going to have to rename this site.  Your posts are like catnip, totally crap but bring a smile to my face.  

Here is a site where you can compare FAU and UCF.  Which of these is not like the other?

Winsipedia - UCF Knights vs. Florida Atlantic Owls football series history

Weeks in top 25  UCF 45x but FAU zero

Conference Champions since 2004 UCF 6x ; FAU 3x
Notice the National Champion, guess 3rd party agrees on LOL.

UCF 2017 final 7th
UCF 2018 final 11th
UCF 2019 final 24th
That’s an average of #14 over last 3 seasons sounds better than FAU never been ranked. So yes they are ‘bigger’.

We are not going to give up 1v1, its a choice that UCF has made due to money and only willing to play on even terms.   UF is too much of coward to play at our house.

But let us dive further into FAU vs UCF.
Head to Head vs FAU - UCF
Academics -UCF
Students wanting to come to school. - UCF
Tailgating - UCF
Game Atmosphere - UCF
Championships - UCF
Wins vs top 25 - UCF

I think I will write a memo and tell UCF AD to only take 2 v 1 with FAU bc you all need to prove you belong due to UCF's conference is just 'better' since that's your memo point.

Back to the top

You’re being a stuck up little girl. First of all i don’t read your posts. And 2nd no one cares what you say. Just admit that and we’ll have progress.
Oh and 3rd you don’t have an answer or rebuttal to any of the facts I post. 
Keep posting and I’ll keep on skimming through your answers if you’re lucky. 
Oh and about acting like a stuck up girl. You’re G5 and think you’re too good to avoid 2 for 1’s against P5 teams. Talk about delusional. 
Back to the top
Control functions: