Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Program vs UCF Program Talk

Just when you thought this thread couldn't get any weirder… *grabs popcorn*
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Rob, you are clearly NOT an FAU fan or supporter o go back to your UCF boards and p_ss off!

Yes, UCF is well ahead of FAU, good for them and good for you.  But internet/twitter trolls like you and Trump are the lowest forms of human scum to me, doing nothing but stirring up trouble constantly, a danger of free speech unfortunately!
Posted On: Aug 6th 2020, 7:29 AM #395560

The crazy thing is I am. But FAU is my 3rd favorite team.  It's like if a cousin picks a fight with your son who do you stick up for?  I still like my cousin but I love my son.

Where did I mention politics?  Did you jump to a conclusion?  

FAU is at different places in program growth.  That is fine but don't pull others down. FAU location is key factor but yes fans have to do their part and look in mirror.   FAN support is something people can fix. CFB starts with and ends with $$,  $$ helps to recruit, it helps support increased marketing, and it supports hiring better coaches
$$$ is also why UCF does not do lopsided deals.
Back to the top

rob2313 said

jgf2017 said

I’m just saying that there’s nothing UCF has ever done that I’m envious of. Now finishing #7 or #6 is close, I’ll give you that. But their regular season schedule was a joke. I mean they tried to say they deserved to be in the playoff when their best out of conference win was against 4-8 Maryland. It’s a joke. And I know they’re doing all this for publicity. Your administration is more publicity hungry than a mid 2000’s Kim Kardashian.
So I have a hard time respecting that. And beating an Auburn team that had serious accusations against them that they didn’t care. 
What are you going to do, always get content with that? So what. You finished just outside the top 5. 
If there was anyone I’m envious of it would be TCU and Louisville moving up conferences and being P5.
I think that UCF knows they’re not making the P5 or else they wouldn’t have caused such a scene like little girls. So good luck with not improving upon 2017. In fact, I think we’re going to be better than your overrated fraudulent team very soon. I’ll be tearing you to shreds. Think 100 times worse than now. And now I say what I want without even reading your comments for the most part.

Posted On: Aug 5th 2020, 8:43 PM #395552

Prepare for not be impressed for a long while then with FAU, FAU has yet to even make into a single week of top 25.

Once again UCF will be ranked in top 25 when preseason rankings are released tomorrow at noon.  Don't worry I will remind you.

After tomorrow this will need to be updated for UCF while FAU will remain goose egged.

Winsipedia - UCF Knights vs. Florida Atlantic Owls football series history

Good luck in CDOA. I am sure FAU can win 3.0 version.

Posted On: Aug 6th 2020, 12:16 AM #395559

https://www.clickorlando.com/sports/2020/08/06/ucf-ranked-no-21-in-preseason-coaches-poll/

#21 in Coaches Poll
Back to the top

You’re bragging about being ranked 21. You’re a disgrace. You’re being a hysterical little girl who’s best friend couldn’t make it to her birthday. 
By the way, to show how ridiculous you are, I grew up in the 80’s as a fan, regularly attending home games of a team in South  Florida that won a lot of National Championships. I don’t root for that team anymore. I could’ve gone there but I wanted to go to FAU. 
I only bring that up to show you how small time UCF is, and how ridiculous it is that you’re supposedly bragging about winning Peach Bowls and finishing 7th one year. That ain’t…. finish that yourself. 

Again, this is about who can get to the P5 and to the playoffs or win the National Championship. That’s it. Anything short of it is not worth bragging about. In that respect, it’s a draw at this point. 
Back to the top

Why is rob2313 a disgrace?

We haven't even come close to doing what they have done…plus, they beat our arse 48-14 when they came here.

NO CONTEST.

They also brought a ton of fans and made for an exciting atmosphere - it's on us that we laid an egg.

There is no need to personalize the fact that someone has pride in their first school of choice.

Judging by how quiet most people are on this forum, and refrain from posting, at least we have something to talk about.

Also, rob2313 just said he is an FAU fan as well…

rob2313 said

The crazy thing is I am. But FAU is my 3rd favorite team.  
Posted On: Aug 6th 2020, 9:36 AM #395565

There is no need to be hostile, it does nothing to help the cause - seriously.

When we play Auburn and BEAT them, then we can truly compare.

Back to the top

Because he won’t admit that they’re  not an elite team. He literally doesn’t realize that UCF is not a top program. That’s delusional. Sorry, wrong D word. 
Then he had the gall to say that UCF is too good to take 2 for 1’s. Absolutely absurd. 
Back to the top

Rick you are an incredibly patient man. .
Back to the top

Hey guys, and especially to Rob I apologize for a tad too much vigor in my comment and being too personal. I totally agree with him that UCF HAS done a lot more than FAU but FAU DOES have it's accomplishments too just not yet on their scale.

I believe they ARE on the cusp of being Power 5 while I would love for FAU to just be in the AAC. The ONLY thing holding UCF back from moving up is the OBVIOUS monopoly the P5 teams enjoy and CONTROL, something that makes and proves it is an illegal monopoly!
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Rick you are an incredibly patient man. .
Posted On: Aug 7th 2020, 5:31 AM #395591
Any post is better than no post.  I will admit getting out of hand. Normally just lurk.

UCF's success is the only way FAU moves up and a P5 would never pull straight from CUSA. Like I have said today's CFB is about $, FAU needs to improve fanbase, improve revenue streams.  and get a few top 25 wins. Then when UCF moves up, FAU can move up.   Yes AAC will provide more $ but your every $ you receive your budget is expected to go up to $$. It is not a dollar more revenue and dollar more budget.    That's why S. Miss never got called up, doing more with less is cute but not advancement material.
Back to the top

LOL, so now you know how moving up to P5 works too? How do you know that a CUSA team couldn’t move up? Or that UCF would before us? Look at what happened a few years ago. There were teams from basically all G5 conferences trying to move up:

I really think that UCF has no shot. The fact that they had the audacity to do ridiculous things by being so mad at the P5 tells me that I don’t think they’re ever moving up. If they had a chance they wouldn’t have gone so crazy with the fake NC thing.

There’s things that your little head can’t understand like markets and potential. Trust me our market has a lot more potential than UCF. You think players would rather be in Orlando than the tri-county area by the beach. LOL. How about you talk smack when UCF either 1) moves up or 2) makes the playoff. Because anything other than that Is fleeting success. And don’t mean……

Back to the top
Control functions: