Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Program vs UCF Program Talk

The97Revolution said

jgf2017 said

While undoubtedly our VP/AD Brian White is doing a good job, I sure hope he doesn’t pull the same stunts his brother did.

I think I can already see he’s trying to avoid really good teams just like his brother. I think we should almost every year schedule an Alabama type team. Now maybe once in a while it’d be nice to have a mid level P5 team like Maryland or someone, I think that’s not the way to schedule. 

I can already see our AD is trying to avoid really good teams. It’s a cheap way to build a resume. I’d rather us have a 3 loss season than go undefeated with the best non conference win being a terrible team like Maryland and claim to be national champions. 
Posted On: Oct 13th 2020, 2:38 PM #396729

We start next season by playing Florida. In the Swamp. We play Clemson in the future. We would've played a ranked Minnesota this year. We're not scheduling the weakest teams. And playing money games against blue bloods isn't the best move for us as a program.
Posted On: Oct 13th 2020, 8:24 PM #396737

3 loss seasons gets you in the boca bowl. 12-0 does not get you a national championship it might get you a NY6 bowl depending on who you beat.
Back to the top

voss749 said

The97Revolution said

jgf2017 said

While undoubtedly our VP/AD Brian White is doing a good job, I sure hope he doesn’t pull the same stunts his brother did.

I think I can already see he’s trying to avoid really good teams just like his brother. I think we should almost every year schedule an Alabama type team. Now maybe once in a while it’d be nice to have a mid level P5 team like Maryland or someone, I think that’s not the way to schedule. 

I can already see our AD is trying to avoid really good teams. It’s a cheap way to build a resume. I’d rather us have a 3 loss season than go undefeated with the best non conference win being a terrible team like Maryland and claim to be national champions. 

We start next season by playing Florida. In the Swamp. We play Clemson in the future. We would've played a ranked Minnesota this year. We're not scheduling the weakest teams. And playing money games against blue bloods isn't the best move for us as a program.

3 loss seasons gets you in the boca bowl. 12-0 does not get you a national championship it might get you a NY6 bowl depending on who you beat.
Posted On: Oct 14th 2020, 1:01 PM #396742

Also playing a powerhouse in a bodybag game can sometimes result in overmatched players getting hurt by teams that dont really care about whether the other teams QB is out for the season. Alabama to its credit does not do that. Texas did.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

How is playing at teams like Alabama a bad thing? I did say maybe once in a while we should not play a team like that. But I love having those teams on our schedule. It’s a great thing to play teams of that stature.

Those road games at teams like Clemson you mention I’m pretty sure were all scheduled before Brian White came here in early 2018. 

I’ve already seen us not pursue games against great teams since then. It’s the same thing his gutless brother is doing at UCF. Make no mistake they’re cowards and I hope Brian White isn’t cowardly like his brother.
Posted On: Oct 14th 2020, 12:54 PM #396741

Getting blown out by top tier SEC does us no good especially when the games dont get media exposure. Id much rather have a 2-1 with Kentucky or Arkansas. The gators are the exception here, they will get media coverage in Florida no matter who they play. Clemson is okay once in a blue moon, but we still havent gotten FSU to schedule us after almost 20 years.
Back to the top

voss749 said

jgf2017 said

How is playing at teams like Alabama a bad thing? I did say maybe once in a while we should not play a team like that. But I love having those teams on our schedule. It’s a great thing to play teams of that stature.

Those road games at teams like Clemson you mention I’m pretty sure were all scheduled before Brian White came here in early 2018. 

I’ve already seen us not pursue games against great teams since then. It’s the same thing his gutless brother is doing at UCF. Make no mistake they’re cowards and I hope Brian White isn’t cowardly like his brother.
Posted On: Oct 14th 2020, 12:54 PM #396741

Getting blown out by top tier SEC does us no good especially when the games don't get media exposure. Id much rather have a 2-1 with Kentucky or Arkansas. The gators are the exception here, they will get media coverage in Florida no matter who they play. Clemson is okay once in a blue moon, but we still haven't gotten FSU to schedule us after almost 20 years.
Posted On: Oct 14th 2020, 1:14 PM #396744

FSU had plenty of opportunities to play us, and they've dodged them all.

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Do you really have nothing to say Rob? I’m just trying to have fun. You guys got pretty embarrassed at home by Tulsa by 8 points. What do you think about it? Why has UCF regressed so much?
Posted On: Oct 5th 2020, 4:53 PM #396561

No regression.  TU is better than every team in CUSA.   UCF played like crap, turnovers and weather, in the end UCF lost.  Close cames can be won or lost if teams get a bounce or two.   Tulsa strangely has UCF's number in our history.

In the end FAU beat Charlotte, while UCF beat GT Tech and ECU.  Btw ECU destroyed USF yet USF would beat FAU.

Play more than 1 game before casting stones.   
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Do you really have nothing to say Rob? I’m just trying to have fun. You guys got pretty embarrassed at home by Tulsa by 8 points. What do you think about it? Why has UCF regressed so much?
Posted On: Oct 5th 2020, 4:53 PM #396561

Embarrassed??  TU almost best OK State.  Embarrassing is CUSA, the truth is CUSA expanded too much and the league is less than SBC now.

Considering FAU has not played anyone I have been following better programs that are in the higher tier of my fandom.  

Back to the top

voss749 said

The97Revolution said

jgf2017 said

In CUSA, the champion has zero shot of going to the Access bowl.

CUSA is down with the MAC in crappiness.
Back to the top

voss749 said

voss749 said

The97Revolution said

jgf2017 said

Also playing a powerhouse in a bodybag game can sometimes result in overmatched players getting hurt by teams that dont really care about whether the other teams QB is out for the season. Alabama to its credit does not do that. Texas did.

Posted On: Oct 14th 2020, 1:11 PM #396743

The only time a bodybag makes sense is when you can't make the $ off a home game.  Which looking at FAU attendance issues might make sense for FAU and FIU.   

FAU needs to grow its fanbase and they will make enough $ off home games.

Back to the top

I don’t think USF would beat us. If I recall we were favored when the odds came out. I’d bet that we’d win if it happened. USF is terrible. There’s absolutely no indication that we wouldn’t beat them. You overrate the AAC if you think that. You guys are toast until Heupel is fired. The players don’t respect him. 
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I understand UCF not wanting to go on the road and getting run over on the side of the road and hit the pavement like a bunch of cowardly losers.

Ok, you don’t want to lose by 50 at Alabama, I get it. You want to avoid them so you can be in the top 25 and be more in the spotlight.

But to claim they’re being unfairly left out of the playoff and claiming you’re the national champion? That’s pathetic. They’re as publicity hungry as a pre-fame Kim Kardashian.

They can do whatever they want. But they shouldn’t pretend  they have any dignity. They’re trying to cheat their way into recognition. They deserve to get pummeled by the likes of Tulsa. And it’ll happen a lot until they sack Heupel.
Posted On: Oct 9th 2020, 1:34 PM #396641
Honestly, you should just quit posting.   Your grammar, spelling, and logic are not right.  It's like arguing with a 3rd grader.  IF you graduated from FAU, you should apply for a full refund.   Ask your Mom to read your posts for sentence structure and correctness.   As for your logic, your Mom can't help you.

If you would like I can help you but I charge more than your Mom or maybe not.
Back to the top
Control functions: