Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Tightend John Raine Enters the Transfer Portal

Just wait till.....
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Just wait till…..
Posted On: Apr 5th 2020, 11:37 AM #394583

Robison enters the portal and Willie T jr is named our starting QB.

There finished it for you……
Back to the top

My " just wait till" was a correction of my previous post. I forgot the word wait. I hope we have no more transfer need. Any news on mico?
Back to the top

Local Owl said

This is an inevitable reality of college football today. Just  till they start getting money. It will be a revolving door of players. Good players at small schools will all want to be at a schools that can offer them the most.
Posted On: Apr 5th 2020, 9:58 AM #394582

Not if it hurts their pro prospects.

Willie has gotten proven performers at the P5 level to transfer in here already. Lane never did that.  As long as the transfers in are better than the transfers out, then I’m happy.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Local Owl said

This is an inevitable reality of college football today. Just  till they start getting money. It will be a revolving door of players. Good players at small schools will all want to be at a schools that can offer them the most.
Exactly! This transfer "portal" is just a new way for the Big Boys to poach away those they have missed! Did we actually get the JUCOTE we heard had committed??? Even more important now! That or Raine saw the new O was gonna not throw to TE's as much???
Back to the top

NJOWL said

Local Owl said

Not if it hurts their pro prospects.

Willie has gotten proven performers at the P5 level to transfer in here already. Lane never did that.  As long as the transfers in are better than the transfers out, then I’m happy.
Posted On: Apr 5th 2020, 2:26 PM #394587

Part of me does have to agree with that - I look at Harrison Bryant and his now being listed as only 6th (at best) best TE prospect in NFL draft, despite being BY FAR the best TE in College football last year. being from FAU does hurt him I must admit!
The good news is with 120 guys on roster for Power 5 programs, many higher ranked guys are available because only a little over 1/3 of those guts get to play - ever!
Back to the top

This is completely baseless but I wonder if the purpose of getting into the transfer portal is a way to build publicity. I think a big aspect of the draft and how successful that is depends on how you get your name out. I hope he stays and I'm sure the staff is talking to him now to keep him around but I'm sure this benefits him the most at the end. Media run articles saying he's one of the best TEs in the upcoming draft and he's looking to transfer. Even if he stays, he gets more journalists to look his way and propel him higher during the draft.
Back to the top

Wow, I didn’t realize Bryant was projected to be the 6th best tight end coming into the draft. That is pretty upsetting. I thought once Motor went in the 3rd round and had a good rookie year as the starter in Buffalo that we’d get a lot of guys drafted relatively high. 
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Wow, I didn’t realize Bryant was projected to be the 6th best tight end coming into the draft. That is pretty upsetting. I thought once Motor went in the 3rd round and had a good rookie year as the starter in Buffalo that we’d get a lot of guys drafted relatively high. 
Posted On: Apr 6th 2020, 12:33 PM #394599

Hate to say it but even lower in some daft projection, 7th or 8th even - sad and stupid - some team is getting a stud for 10 years in a 3rd day pick!
Back to the top

He had a less than memorable combine according to most…still, someone will probably take a shot on him before others in the rest of the bunch supposedly better than him.

Back to the top
Control functions: