Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Tightend John Raine Enters the Transfer Portal

cbboarder said

jgf2017 said

If anything I would of thought Raine staying here would help is pro prospects, with Motor and especially if Bryant has a good rookie year. He’d be the next man up to go pro after Bryant. I think Raine could play at the next level. But it’s history. Now it’s time to have a great tight end depth chart without him. 
Posted On: Apr 8th 2020, 12:25 AM #394615

Curious what position you think he would play in the NFL? At 6'1" I doubt he's playing TE.
Posted On: Apr 8th 2020, 6:55 AM #394616

Personally I think he is too small for the NFL too so maybe Rick is right.
Back to the top

cbboarder said

jgf2017 said

If anything I would of thought Raine staying here would help is pro prospects, with Motor and especially if Bryant has a good rookie year. He’d be the next man up to go pro after Bryant. I think Raine could play at the next level. But it’s history. Now it’s time to have a great tight end depth chart without him. 
Posted On: Apr 8th 2020, 12:25 AM #394615

Curious what position you think he would play in the NFL? At 6'1" I doubt he's playing TE.
Posted On: Apr 8th 2020, 6:55 AM #394616

Harrison is considered undersized a bit for the NFL.

Raine is way too small for the NFL.

None the less losing him hurts as he was reliable and a team leader.

Those things are even more valuable during times like these.

Back to the top

He can be replaced as a player. A team can't replace the leadership loss.
Back to the top

Off to Northwestern:

Back to the top

Great school! Good luck, John
Back to the top

Excellent choice. Best of luck.
Back to the top

I kind of miss the way it used to be before this transfer portal and no year of not playing if transferring. It’s like schools get played now. These are colleges not pro sports teams. There should be consequences for changing colleges like that
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I kind of miss the way it used to be before this transfer portal and no year of not playing if transferring. It’s like schools get played now. These are colleges not pro sports teams. There should be consequences for changing colleges like that
Posted On: May 2nd 2020, 10:44 AM #394868

John spent four years at FAU, earned his degree on time, played behind an NFL TE and was excellent when he had his chances, and earned the right to move up and pursue his master’s at an excellent school. The only thing he deserves is kudos. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

+1
Back to the top

Good decision for John. To get your master's degree from a school like Northwestern is definitely worth it. There are not many schools out there that really change a resume, but Northwestern is certainly one of them. He went to one of the only schools that, from an academic standpoint, it makes sense to go.

Looking forward to watching John on Big Noon on Fox this fall!

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top
Control functions: