Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Tightend John Raine Enters the Transfer Portal

Absolutely.  Remember,  most kids will not be playing on Sunday. For him to graduate and get his master's from nwu,  great!!!. I love hearing success stories from kids John will be a success. Congrats..
Back to the top

Power move. Good luck to him.
Back to the top

Good move for him but still very sorry to see him leave, The new JUCO TE is a real talent with NFL size, he will make a name for himself this year!!!
Back to the top

Wow, Rick and NJOwl predicted this a month ago. Happy for the kid!
Back to the top

I certainly want him to succeed. At the end of the day he didn’t want to play football here anymore and help Taggart build this program. If I recall he’s a South Florida native. No one made him give up his potential starting job this season. He definitely doesn’t want to play football here anymore. 
One more thing. He’s really young. By the time he’s in his 30’s are conference could be better and our academics are going higher and higher. We could be a really great school to have a big degree from. I think we already are. Our football program by the time he’s in his 30’s could have some huge years in the spotlight with glory like a lot of the big schools do now 
Back to the top

He still has an undergraduate degree from us so he's fine. NW is a fantastic school and i'm happy for him :)
Back to the top

I love FAU and think it has been and will be great for my daughter, and I agree it is growing and going places.  John will still benefit from being an Owl.  But he will also benefit from getting a grad degree from a Big Ten school that is annually considered one of the best universities in the country.  FAU is still a young school with an endowment of around $275M.  Northwestern has an endowment of something like $10.8B.  So hard to blame him for wanting to expand his networking and career opportunities and let his last year of football open even more doors for him.
Back to the top

Agreed totally, I don't think John is an NFL prospect but IS a very f=good payer. Being he has graduated I feel he should be free to choose wherever he wants for his m=Masters program and NW is a very good top notch academic school.

That said I still hate to see him leave - good luck John, always an Owl!!!
Back to the top

Incredibly talented. Used it to get an education. Under sized for NFL. No size restriction for regular professions. Get a master's from NWU, in Chicago, tons of great opportunities. Great move on his part.
Back to the top

Former FAU TE John Raine is off to join the Falcons as an undrafted rookie. Nice fit for John. 🌧 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top
Control functions: