Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU vs Minnesota Likely to be Canceled

If other G5 teams decide to play a full schedule  against FCS or G5 teams then this can prove to become a united effort for smaller conferences.  I saw something where Hawaii needed to add some teams, so FAU could possibly add regional schools like  a Georgia St.  or even I hate to say it why not an App st.  

I think one FCS school in Stony Brook is fine but playing other G5 teams is essential. The smaller conferences should do
What is best to survive since we do not get the big payouts.  What teams do you think we should schedule if this season does happen to fill our non conference schedule?
Back to the top

They can still get a game against an SEC team or take out the top team in the Sunbelt in App State
Back to the top

Actually, here is a good list of teams to replace Minnesota -

1. Any SEC team if they decided to play out of conference games
2. Notre Dame
3. Boise State (You can replace FSU on their schedule and Taggart can get his revenge)
4. Sandiego State
5. App State (You need to defeat the best team in the Sun Belt to show your dominance)
6. Fresno State
6. Air Force
7. Utah State.
Back to the top

I like App st.,  they will be ranked and are respected within the G5 already.   I would love to play Boise as well but that can be a stretch.  Once again they have been the standard of the G5,  but no doubt we can compete since Marshall did.  I would love a low tier SEC game calling us like Vanderbilt or South Carolina, winnable games.  

Here’s a kicker what if we can play Ole Miss, game  1 is against Baylor, game 2 vs. Se Missouri st., and independent UConn. If other leagues like the Big 12  goes to a conference only schedule more openings may come up. I think Taggart against Kiffin would be good for ratings.  

The MW teams are weird for me just like that Wyoming game years ago. SDSU and Fresno st. would  be difficult,  their style of play is unique and I would only want them at home.  Notre Dame would have to be desperate which they will be, but will look for MAC teams before us.  If we can tweak the schedule with a winnable opponent  with a name it’s a start. 

I say App st.  For sure they have 2 cancellations,  the MEAC conference has cancelled games  so their first game is cancelled and their Wisconsin matchup is canceled. Also  Ole Miss both are not far geographically and are sound opponents.
Back to the top

NCAA just approver allowing tow wins vs. FCS schools to count for Bowl eligibility. That dos open up an option for replacing Minny
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

NCAA just approver allowing tow wins vs. FCS schools to count for Bowl eligibility. That does open up an option for replacing Minny
Posted On: Jul 17th 2020, 7:10 AM #395350

Well, we lost the Stoney Brook game yesterday as well.

A season is looking very doubtful as the NCAA came out and said yesterday basically we need numbers to change drastically in a couple of weeks if we want fall sports.

I doubt Florida will be able to get below the 10 percent positivity rate in just a couple of weeks.

We can even get people to cover their mouths….

Maybe the best hope is just to eliminate all conference games and hopes the extra month of time can change things.
Back to the top

For the love of college football, wear a mask!!!!!!!
Back to the top

App State was mentioned multiple times - they have already lost 2 games from their schedule just like FAU now has.  But at this rate, it seems like football in the Fall for anybody other than ***maybe*** the P5 conference games (because they want their TV money) seems extremely doubtful.

I'd like to see App State on the schedule in the future.
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

GeorgiaOwl said

NCAA just approver allowing tow wins vs. FCS schools to count for Bowl eligibility. That does open up an option for replacing Minny
Posted On: Jul 17th 2020, 7:10 AM #395350

Well, we lost the Stoney Brook game yesterday as well.

A season is looking very doubtful as the NCAA came out and said yesterday basically we need numbers to change drastically in a couple of weeks if we want fall sports.

I doubt Florida will be able to get below the 10 percent positivity rate in just a couple of weeks.

We can even get people to cover their mouths….

Maybe the best hope is just to eliminate all conference games and hopes the extra month of time can change things.
Posted On: Jul 17th 2020, 8:07 AM #395351

I see the CAA has cancelled their Conference season but they are free to replace those games if they wish to, like an Independent. Has SB cancelled the game?
Back to the top
Control functions: