Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions 2019: Game 7 FAU vs Marshall

jgf2017 said

This whole talk about Robison having a bad game is ridiculously inaccurate just like all of last year.
Posted On: Oct 16th 2019, 11:44 AM #389794

Here's what Coach Kiffin had to say, is it still ridiculous?

After reviewing the film, how do you rate Chris' [Robison] play Saturday night?

Very average, for him, he had been playing great. So, kind of came back down to earth, a few missed throws … If we make a couple of those where the ball gets tipped, another one where he has got the guy down the middle for a touchdown, it is much different. Definitely not his best game.

Coach Lane Kiffin 2019 Marshall Presser Notes - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top

Anyone who observes FAU knows that our receivers can’t get open against good teams. Last week for example there was nothing any qb could do unless it’s Michael Vick or a really good running qb. Maybe it’s harder for Kiffin to say that the receivers performed well below average. He’s being safe. Just like how Riles was supposedly banged up and apparently Ettiene this year. It’s all to take blame away from people. I have a hard time believing someone who blames Robison and doesn’t blame the receivers knows anything about football. How about Diaz’s unbelievable leadership in spite of being the reason all the guards are struggling. I’m starting to think Riles wasn’t as bad as I was saying. I didn’t realize Diaz was so bad and could have been making it impossible for a Guard, especially a guard who is getting playing time for the first time at FAU having Diaz makes every guard’s Job impossible, and it affects the passing game too
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I didn’t realize Diaz was so bad and could have been making it impossible for a Guard, especially a guard who is getting playing time for the first time at FAU having Diaz makes every guard’s Job impossible, and it affects the passing game too
Posted On: Oct 16th 2019, 3:06 PM #389802

Here's what Marshall Coach Doc Holliday had to say about Diaz:

"The left tackle (Brandon Walton) is an all-conference player as well as their center (Junior Diaz) so they have good players up front. He's a year older and more comfortable in Lane's (Kiffin) system and is doing a good job running the offense."

Marshall @ FAU Game Thread - October 18, 2019 - FAU Owl's Nest

I dunno jfg…

Back to the top

True rick . But off is far more an expert than Doc.
Back to the top

Jgf.  Not off. Dang  auto correct. Diaz has solidified the center position the last two seasons.
Back to the top

No need to make it personal…

That's where these conversations go astray…
Back to the top

I don't know football. After all here are my biggest past predictions.

1. Our 2018 RG sucks. He eventually got benched
  2. Robison will be as good as his receivers are and his 2018 numbers were a result of bad wr's and that if the wr's got better he'd throw for a lot of yards
  3. Ashley will never make it on campus, and if he does won't be effective
  4. Antoine has a lot of potential because he had long td's at USF
  5. And my latest prediction last week was that our offense would struggle against solid competition
  6. If you want transfers, you have to go after the guys that got kicked off the team for something stupid (like Robison), not the guys that weren't good enough even if they came from P5 (Riles, McNeal, Ashley, among them)
  7. Diaz can't run block
Back to the top

Fearless prediction SZN, as the kids say…

1. FAU wins 24-20. I just don’t see this game being a shootout. I think it’s a game of missed opportunities on both sides. (Almost all of the spreads are FAU —5.5, with that said.)
2. Davidson runs for 100 again and scores a touchdown. Antoine and McCammon add scores of their own. 
3. There’s supposed to be scattered t-storms Friday night in Boca. Not saying you-know-what will happen, but the rain does become an issue. Robison does his best to manage the offense despite the weather. 
4. Defense bends but doesn’t break. Marshall gets a lot of big plays but the drives stall. FAU’s defense uses the run to its advantage and beats up Isaiah Green. 
5. Much like FAU-Marshall two years ago, FAU breaks out a trick play late for a touchdown. How tricky? We shall see

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Does anyone even acknowledge when they're trashing me that basically I'm right about everything, and some of my predictions have been unpopular as well
Back to the top

It's your delivery…you get much more with honey than vinegar…and, like the above, you're attacking the players…this is a fan site, and they aren't professional athletes.

As a result, you're at the center of most "arguments" on this forum…most posters never even go there at all.

Should pay more attention to your tone, and choice of words…These are just some things to consider…

Back to predictions for the Marshall game!

Back to the top
Control functions: