Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions 2020: FAU @ USM

Well it does look like this game will be played. With the shambles USM is in with already firing their HC. Again FAU will be the most talented team on the field. Hopefully it translates into a victory. I still have a tough time judging this team because we just havent seen them on the field, and how will they react on the road.

My best guess FAU wins 27-14
Back to the top

This is probably the least confident about a C-USA game involving FAU since FIU two years ago. With that said …

1. The fan in me thinks FAU squeaks it out 30-24. The cynical analyst in me thinks FAU loses 35-14. I’m torn apart. So don’t trust me with the FAU -2.5 spread until three hours before the game. 
2. Nick Tronti plays fine..? How he plays is really dependent on the game script and his reads. If the script calls for a similar game plan to second half of Charlotte. I say he completes 60% of his passes for 140ish yards, two touchdowns, and a fumble. EDIT: I forgot who catches the TDs! Leconte catches one and Michael Irvin II the other.  Otherwise, if Taggart tries to get cute and asks Tronti to do too much in the rain, it could get ugly. 
3. Larry McCammon has his first career 100-rushing yard game. Malcolm Davidson gets a few more carries but is still buried and forgotten about. I think McCammon and Daniel Leconte get the bulk of the carries. 
4. Chase Lasater has a big game at Mike, Diashun Moss snags a pick, and Chris Jones adds another 1.5 sacks. 
5. Frank Gore Jr. scores two touchdowns but averages less than three yards per carry for Southern Miss. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

I’m going with FAU 28-7. We have a great coaching staff and everyone plays well. 
Back to the top

COVID 2 (or is it 5???) - FAU 0
Back to the top
Control functions: