Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions 2020: FAU vs UTSA

FAU showed a lot of heart against Marshall last Saturday. Very proud of the effort they put forth against Marshall.

Looking ahead against UTSA I believe our defense is good and Leavitt will put together a good game plan for Saturday. I still dont have much confidence in our offense to this point, and this game feels like it could have a similar game score as Charlotte.

I think FAU will find just enough offense to squeeze by:

FAU wins 21-16
Back to the top

FAU builds upon last week with a great showing from the defense with big emphasis on the D-Line. Offense finally shows up with a big day on the ground with 220 yards from Malcolm Davidson, Tronti throws 1 Td to TJ Chase and has 60 rushing yards.

FAU 35 - UTSA 20
Back to the top

Reposting what I tweeted:

1. FAU kept it close with a top-25 team and the defense played great. Will that lead to a hangover? I doubt it. This FAU team hasn’t done anything this year and they are more talented than UTSA. I trust this run defense against McCormick. 
2. My gut tells me Nick Tronti won’t play the entire game at QB, and I’m not just talking about being removed for a play. If FAU gives another QB action, don’t be surprised if it’s Willie Taggart Jr. 
3. Logan Peterson had a touchdown in the opener but was invisible against Marshall. Michael Irvin missed last week. I’d like to see FAU get the tight ends involved more in the passing game. 
4. Malcolm Davidson is arguably FAU’s best offensive player. He should — as in FAU needs to use him in this role and be the bellcow back on Saturday with Larry McCammon out. 

Keeping an eye on these players. 

BJ Alexander, WR: FAU’s done a lot of rotating at wide receiver. This might be the week where Alexander, the Kentucky transfer, gets his chance at more targets. 

Jaylen Joyner, DL: Joyner has played great to start the year. He’s healthy and showing why he cracked the rotation as a true freshman in 2018. 

Teja Young, S: The PB Lakes grad had his first career pick last week. I expect it to be the first of many in an FAU uniform. 

Prediction: FAU 24, UTSA 14

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

My how times have changed. Fau football tomorrow. Normally I would be planning my game day activities.  Was reminded last night that I promised my neighbor a fishing trip. I can't wait for things to get back to normal. I've lost my obsession of sports. Including college football
Back to the top

27-20

Owls Win!
Back to the top

I think the offense somewhat comes alive and the defense does what it's been doing 31-21 Owls
Back to the top

Local Owl said

My how times have changed. Fau football tomorrow. Normally I would be planning my game day activities.  Was reminded last night that I promised my neighbor a fishing trip. I can't wait for things to get back to normal. I've lost my obsession of sports. Including college football
Posted On: Oct 30th 2020, 5:29 AM #397073

I agree gamedays do not feel the same anymore
Back to the top

Owls 31  UTSA 17

Feeling good about getting the guys on D back.
Back to the top

I'm right there with you. Only I'm more confident in our D . 32-13 FAU. I want Willie to put point on the board.
Back to the top

Just read where LSU  predicts they will lose 80 million dollars due to covid shut downs and restrictions  I'm so glad that job is not my responsibility
Back to the top
Control functions: