Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions 2020: FAU @ MTSU

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you this year! Hopefully everyone has a safe and healthy one!

I wanted to get this prediction thread going earlier this week with the holiday. 

I have a pretty similar feeling as I had with the FIU game a couple weeks ago. So hopefully I am as wrong as I was for the Shula Bowl.

But here is a couple things that scare me this week. 

1. Playing in Murfreesboro is a mini house of horrors for this program. It doesn’t matter who the coach is we just find ways to lose there. From kiffin in 2018, to a WR playing QB and putting up 77 points against us. We just don’t win at middle Tennessee.

2. Asher o’ hara. I just think the veteran QB will make enough plays against FAU’s defense to find a way to win this game. It is tough to win games every week without having any consistency on offense.

I would actually rather see Tronti in this game this week, but getting ready for 2021 we need to start and play Posey all game. I have a feeling Posey will turn the ball over twice and give MTSU a short field. The veteran QB will take advantage. 

MTSU Wins:

27-16 
Back to the top

I have been off the board for a while. Thanks DeltaAlumnus for keeping the predictions going.

I am not sold on the FAU offense. UMass is a bottom dweller and the Owls only managed 24 points. For the season they have only scored more than 24 once. MTSU has put up more points on the season and seems to be finding a groove. Playing at MTSU in November is always difficult for the Owls. Weather is expected to be mid 50s at kickoff. Not terrible, but not great. All things considered, I go to the best common opponent and how each performed against Marshall. FAU kept the Marshall offense in check and kept the game close. That is enough to give me hope.

Fearless Prediction:

FAU 24

MTSU 20

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

I have been off the board for a while. Thanks DeltaAlumnus for keeping the predictions going.

I am not sold on the FAU offense. UMass is a bottom dweller and the Owls only managed 24 points. For the season they have only scored more than 24 once. MTSU has put up more points on the season and seems to be finding a groove. Playing at MTSU in November is always difficult for the Owls. Weather is expected to be mid 50s at kickoff. Not terrible, but not great. All things considered, I go to the best common opponent and how each performed against Marshall. FAU kept the Marshall offense in check and kept the game close. That is enough to give me hope.

Fearless Prediction:

FAU 24

Marshall 20
MTSU
GO OWLS!!!
Posted On: Nov 24th 2020, 10:00 PM #398098

Fixed it for you....
Back to the top

cbboarder said

owlfan1 said

Fearless Prediction:

FAU 24

Marshall 20
MTSU
GO OWLS!!!
Posted On: Nov 24th 2020, 10:00 PM #398098

Fixed it for you....
Posted On: Nov 24th 2020, 10:03 PM #398099

Wow. I was mentioning Marshall and somehow went with Marshall in my prediction. Thanks for the change. Man, it has been a long year.

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Fau will somehow score enough to get the win. Once again, credit the D. I'm thinking 24-17. If Chris Robison were here, 42-17. Oh what a difference one player makes. We must find our next big time qb.
Back to the top

I’m with Delt. 

MTSU 17, FAU 13

That is the house of horrors for FAU. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

I’m going to say we pull it out because our Defense makes huge stand after huge stand and MTSU’s offense is rather anemic, much like ours. It’ll be closer than we’d like but I’d look for Taggart to replace Posey with Tronti if Posey continues to struggle. We can get away with that stuff against UMASS but not MTSU. Also, I Vladi Rivas has continued to quietly have a solid season. I think we drive down the field ok but find it difficult to punch a few in and Valdi goes at least 3/4 on FGs. Very detailed, I know, I say 16-14 Owls 
Back to the top

My worry with UMASS was they have BIG lines, then putting 10 in the box, well....YOU try blocking that :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

FAU wins in a ugly game, 21-20.

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top
Control functions: