Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions 2021: Shula Bowl FAU vs FIU

walty12 said

illinoisowl said

No doubt FAU will win at home. Times have really changed. I guess people have come and gone. We used to harass each other on our boards the whole week and all season for that matter. It got pretty nasty at times.
Posted On: Sep 30th 2021, 9:52 PM #403732

Im ready to get nasty, where are they?
Posted On: Sep 30th 2021, 10:29 PM #403733

They don't even have a board anymore, have a smaller proud and delusional fanbase that think they are bigger than this game.
I just hope our players take this game seriously. When listening to Javion Posey; he did not seem excited, maybe because he is from Alabama.
FAU should have a package for him during this game.
Back to the top

NITE-OWL said

walty12 said

illinoisowl said

No doubt FAU will win at home. Times have really changed. I guess people have come and gone. We used to harass each other on our boards the whole week and all season for that matter. It got pretty nasty at times.

They don't even have a board anymore, have a smaller proud and delusional fanbase that think they are bigger than this game.
I just hope our players take this game seriously. When listening to Javion Posey; he did not seem excited, maybe because he is from Alabama.
FAU should have a package for him during this game.
Posted On: Sep 30th 2021, 10:58 PM #403734

I’m just halfway joking.

I get it a little bit.  The current players, since starting HS, FIU has been a bottom 10 football program.  

For me, I still remember the few years where it looked as if they were going to fly by us (2010-2012?).

I’d be more surprised if Posey wasn’t fired up for the Marshall game TBH.  That’s our biggest rival.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I think FIU is a better team than we give them credit for. If it wasn't for some Charlie Partridge type 4th quarter collapses they'd be 3-1.

I'm going to refrain from a "fearless" prediction as I don't want to ruin my weekend.

Go Owls!
Back to the top

cbboarder said

I think FIU is a better team than we give them credit for. If it wasn't for some Charlie Partridge type 4th quarter collapses they'd be 3-1.

I'm going to refrain from a "fearless" prediction as I don't want to ruin my weekend.

Go Owls!
Posted On: Oct 1st 2021, 8:27 AM #403736

Agreed, I am not confident this weekend.  

I look back on our last 8-9 games as a program…don’t have much faith that we are a put together team that can execute at a high level.  

I expect this is going to be a tough game.

Back to the top

smack them down and say "Bad Kitty!"

FAU 35
FIU 17
Back to the top

walty12 said

illinoisowl said

Right here.

We're taking this one. You all are talking a big game for a team that just got skull dragged by Air Force.
Back to the top

09panther said

We're taking this one. You all are talking a big game for a team that just got skull dragged by Air Force.
Posted On: Oct 1st 2021, 7:11 PM #403750

You gave up a 17 point lead in the 4th QTR last week against a team that is not as talented!

Yes, we start slow, and Hope that changes.

But as for tomorrow:

FAU 37  FIU 17

Go Owls! 👌

On a side note:

Looking at the predictions, will be a tight call for the winning poster  :Smug:

Back to the top

Cancel the season if we lose this game. I think the team is disappointed and mad about last week. I expect a bounce back week. 42-24 Owls
Back to the top

09panther said

walty12 said

illinoisowl said

Right here.

We’re taking this one. You all are talking a big game for a team that just got skull dragged by Air Force.

Lol, I thought I was ready.  But I’m not.  

I was going to talk smack, then really thought about your program and what it’s been through the last few years.

Are you ok?  If you need to see somebody for help, I’ll spot you the co-pay and buy you a coffee after…us FAU fans are here for you and the other 8 fans of FIU left.

Back to the top

walty12 said

09panther said

walty12 said

illinoisowl said

Right here.

Lol, I thought I was ready.  But I'm not.  

I was going to talk smack, then really thought about your program and what it's been through the last few years.

Are you ok?  If you need to see somebody for help, I'll spot you the co-pay and buy you a coffee after…us FAU fans are here for you and the other 8 fans of FIU left.

Posted On: Oct 2nd 2021, 7:45 AM #403756

8 might be high. I've been talking up a storm for a week now just waiting on somebody else to jump in. Whatever. We're taking this one and that's all that matters today.

N'Kosi isn't a true runner and I see that you're pretty much split 50/50 in run/pass calls. We can work with that. If you were a running team, that'd be a different story. Glad that Kiffin is gone, Taggart isn't on the same level. We're not good but we should be 3-1. Both games fall on Butch and we could very well lose the same way today. This isn't a 20-point loss though. I think we'll right the ship in a close win today (31-28).
Back to the top
Control functions: