Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions 2021: FAU vs UTEP

FAU comes home after a couple road games for Homecoming against a very surprising 6-1 UTEP. This is a huge game for both programs as FAU wants to continue to keep pace in the East division, and UTEP has college gameday rumors for their home game next week against undefeated UTSA.

FAU is the much more talented team going into this week against UTEP. UTEP has never won a game in the Eastern time zone. I believe for UTEP to come to Boca to win this they would need to play their A++ game, and FAU to play like a D+ game. UTEP is 6-1, but they have not beaten a solid football team, and the only one they did play Boise ran them out of the building. If that second half FAU team we saw against Charlotte shows up for a full 60 mins I think we could see a 3-4 Touchdown win for FAU. I do think UTEP will hang around for a half similar to what FIU did, but I expect FAU to run away in the second half.

FAU wins

38-10

Most importantly I hope we get a great crowd for Saturday! We have great weather forecast for once. Tell all your friends to come out and enjoy a tailgate and watch some college football
Back to the top

I like the momentum FAU has following a big win last week. UTEP is a surprise at 6-1 but their offense doesn't look like it can keep pace with FAU. It will likely be a game decided by less than two possessions.

FEARLESS PREDICTION:

FAU 34
UTEP 24

A couple of additional picks for fun this week.

Michigan State continues to surprise and once again plays spoiler to Michigan.

MSU 27
Michigan 24

Texas has been up and down this season. Baylor is back in the top 20. Longhorns play to their potential and get the upset in another high scoring BIG12 affair.

Texas 42
Baylor 38

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

We haven’t had a close game score-wise this season, I think the trend continues. FAU-41 UTEP-21
Back to the top

We’re going to blow them out. UTEP has not beaten anyone of note and we’re a juggernaut at home. 48-17 FAU wins
Back to the top

Take care of business. Remove the penalties, and hold on to the rock.

Do that, and…

FAU 30  UTEP 19

#GoOwls  :cool:
Back to the top

Believe it or not, UTEP may be looking past this game a bit: Their next game is at home in a Texas showdown with UTSA and there is talk that GameDay could be there. So with that, we handle business and thwart those plans.

FAU 28
UTEP 17
Back to the top

d-owl said

Believe it or not, UTEP may be looking past this game a bit: Their next game is at home in a Texas showdown with UTSA and there is talk that GameDay could be there. So with that, we handle business and thwart those plans.

FAU 28
UTEP 17
Posted On: Oct 30th 2021, 7:38 AM #404424
They may be using next week’s game as motivation!
We need to play mistake free football to win this game.
Back to the top

Beautiful saturday weather!
FAU wins this one but struggles in the beginning.
FAU 31 • UTEP 17
Go Owls! wear red.
Back to the top

UTEP's defense is no joke, and they feature a wideout that could cause headaches for our injury laden pass defense.

31-24, good guys.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top
Control functions: