Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions 2023: Week 1 - FAU vs Monmouth

Fearless Predictions 2023: Week 1 FAU vs Monmouth

Time to get it started and time to look forward to the Owls vs Hawks as we open the 2023 slate and begin the new era under Coach Tom Herman.

Speed will be a factor, and so will size. Expecting a heavy dose of ground pound with the mixed in over the top play action.

I'm not convinced that our offense is ready yet for a runaway game though.

Bottom line: This is a game that FAU should and will win.

FAU 31   MON 10

Throw up your predictions!

Go Owls!  :cool:
Back to the top

37-13

Go Owls!
Back to the top

donít have much to go on going into week 1 other than we got rid of the incompetence of Taggart and have a good coach once again. I expect to see a much more disciplined team that doesnít make preventable mistakes.

FAU 38-6†
Back to the top

If last season is still in the back of Monmouth's minds, their defense (one of the worst in their conference) would leave them vulnerable to numerous touchdowns FAU could produce on Saturday night. That being said, this will be a good test for FAU's defense to limit the production of RB Jaden Shirden, who will look to get a lot of yardage with his rushes.

FAU 42-14 MON
Back to the top

never heard of Monmouth until now.
This is a good tune up game for FAU and they should be able to win.
FAU 38 / MU 7
Back to the top

I think we empty the bench at some point and it gets a little sloppy. 38-17 Owls
Back to the top

Never underestimate a team with a RB that put up the most rushing yards (1,722) FCS last year.
Jaden Shirden (#20) can put up some big numbers in a hurry and we need to be ready for him.
FAU 31 - 17
Back to the top

I have no idea what to expect from either team, but I'm not gonna let that stop me…

42-13, FAU!
Back to the top

48-21.

Our 2s give up some tds to their offense, which is actually pretty good.

Satisfactory start to the Tom Herman era of FAU.

† † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † †† ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

FAU 48 Monmouth 13
Back to the top
Control functions: