Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Five Takeaway's from FAU's 38-19 Victory over FIU

THE WILLIE WAGON said

jgf2017 said

I’m talking about Robison getting kicked off the Oklahoma team. The only good Players that transfer from P5 to G5 are ones that got kicked off the P5 team for something unrelated to performance on the field. Emmons is a good example. He didn’t make it at Alabama probably because he didn’t have good vision. He comes here and what do you know doesn’t have good vision. He’s not even close to as good as Davidson and Charles.

I’ve given up trying to find out why Robison isn’t here. I think he’s a deep cover CIA agent.
Posted On: Nov 15th 2020, 6:59 PM #397797

Emmons broke his foot which caused him to transfer to JUCO then to FAU, nothing to do with his vision.
Posted On: Nov 15th 2020, 8:59 PM #397798

Well…for the level of athlete he is, there is something missing.   :Thinking: Vision sure seems to be a possibility.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

THE WILLIE WAGON said

Greene is a blue chip prospect that was recruited to FSU by Coach Woodie, I dont think he even made it to Nebraska’s camp. Yes I see what your saying about the other guys but this transfer is basically FAU getting a blue chip P5 starting talent guy straight from high school.
Posted On: Nov 16th 2020, 12:23 PM #397805

Kids from South Florida recruited at that level…that chose to go to Nebraska?

Things that make you go hmmmmmm…(yes, thats a C&C Music Factory reference).

Then ends up at FAU?  Something feels off…I dont know the backstory or details, but doesn't feel right.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I know zero facts . Or any info. But I don't care what anybody says  , Greene will be a stud if or when he plays for FAU.  What is his current status?
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I know zero facts . Or any info. But I don't care what anybody says  , Greene will be a stud if or when he plays for FAU.  What is his current status?
Posted On: Nov 16th 2020, 4:54 PM #397813

He is a transfer and will be counted as part of the 2021 class.
Back to the top

walty12 said

THE WILLIE WAGON said

Greene is a blue chip prospect that was recruited to FSU by Coach Woodie, I dont think he even made it to Nebraska’s camp. Yes I see what your saying about the other guys but this transfer is basically FAU getting a blue chip P5 starting talent guy straight from high school.
Posted On: Nov 16th 2020, 12:23 PM #397805

Kids from South Florida recruited at that level…that chose to go to Nebraska?

Things that make you go hmmmmmm…(yes, thats a C&C Music Factory reference).

Then ends up at FAU?  Something feels off…I dont know the backstory or details, but doesn't feel right.
Posted On: Nov 16th 2020, 3:25 PM #397811

Multiple guys from that Nebraska class who are guys from Florida ended up transferring back to Florida. Greene was originally committed to FSU but when the Willie coaching change happened there he ended up flipping to Nebraska. As I said in one of my other posts he was recruited to FSU by Coach Woodie. So IMO nothing is off.
Back to the top

They followed Frost to Nebraska (POWER 5 Big12!)), the former HC at UCF!
Back to the top

I try not to look  for things that may seem off. So much can happen to a kid when they go away. A young kid can thrive at FAU.  Especially if they are from south and central Florida.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Posted On: Nov 16th 2020, 4:54 PM #397813

He was an all american I expect him to play well here! 
Back to the top

NITE-OWL said

I have to agree with jgf2017, the transfers coming from P5 programs are not better than the players FAU recruited. You would think someone coming from Clemson or Alabama would have a huge impact on the roster.

What is going on with Yanez Rogers, Terique Owens, Mathew Akuchi, BJ Alexander, Ronald Patterson, Jefftey Joseph, Brandon Robinson… all these guys are 6'3-6'4, are they being utilized?.
Same thing for the TEs, Irvin is mediocre, what's up with Ryan Cameron, Logan Peterson, Austin Evans, JAckson Wenstrom, Rahmod Smith, why is Irvin starting over these guys?

Posted On: Nov 15th 2020, 9:13 PM #397799

Yanez is playing DB, Patterson is injured and I think out for the year, no idea what’s up with Jefftey but he doesn’t dress for games. Rahmod is hurt, half the TEs on the active roster are walk-ons. 

Receiver issues are starting to remind me of first half of 2017. TJ Chase is DeAndre McNeal from that POV. People forget the guys that were getting rotated in before Kalib got back. Remember Bobby Mitchell? Nate Terry? (Who now lives in the other side of my neighborhood. Random fact.)

At least then, Parr and Driskel made plays in passing game and they got the TEs involved. Don’t know how much of overall issues are on Tronti’s struggles. 

Assuming things go to plan in 2021, a full spring camp will help. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

(This is not political). The good news is it looks as though a vaccine will be available for the kids in spring. Something to look forward to.
Back to the top
Control functions: