Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Five Takeaway's from FAU's 24-2 Victory over UMASS

cbboarder said

jgf2017 said

I think this is about the FSU thing again. The fact is Taggart if he succeeds here will be back in the P5 with a contract worth about 20 million somewhere. 

FSU fans can’t look at things objectively and don’t see it’s the administration. 
Posted On: Nov 23rd 2020, 1:58 PM #398066

I hope you're not insinuating I'm an FSU fan? Nothing could be further from the truth…..

Willie T is only succeeding here because of the talent on the defensive side of the ball, both Coaches and players. Otherwise, we're 2-4.
Posted On: Nov 23rd 2020, 3:31 PM #398069

I mean you can make that argument for any coach. I could say dabo is succeeding because of trevor lawrence and brent venables. Its the staff he brought in so I’m confused as to what the issue is. We had very few dlineman, no linebackers left and our two CBs left. A whole new defense really. Tiring hear everyone complain about the offense and we have players running free and they cant get the ball. Tj chase and michael irvin jr are still running free from the umass game. 
Back to the top

1OwlFLATL said

cbboarder said

jgf2017 said

I think this is about the FSU thing again. The fact is Taggart if he succeeds here will be back in the P5 with a contract worth about 20 million somewhere. 

FSU fans can’t look at things objectively and don’t see it’s the administration. 
Posted On: Nov 23rd 2020, 1:58 PM #398066

I hope you're not insinuating I'm an FSU fan? Nothing could be further from the truth…..

Willie T is only succeeding here because of the talent on the defensive side of the ball, both Coaches and players. Otherwise, we're 2-4.
Posted On: Nov 23rd 2020, 3:31 PM #398069

I mean you can make that argument for any coach. I could say dabo is succeeding because of trevor lawrence and brent venables. Its the staff he brought in so I’m confused as to what the issue is. We had very few dlineman, no linebackers left and our two CBs left. A whole new defense really. Tiring hear everyone complain about the offense and we have players running free and they cant get the ball. Tj chase and michael irvin jr are still running free from the umass game. 
Posted On: Nov 23rd 2020, 3:46 PM #398070

All I'm saying is the defense has won 4 games for us as the offense is one dimensional. UMASS made that abundantly clear Friday night. Personally, I feel it's obviously QB play but I also feel the offense scheme plays a role as well.

Originally, my response was to JGF's P5 job opening for Willie T and the 10's of millions of dollars he's going to be making. The only millions he's going to be making in the next 5 yrs is coming from FSU….
Back to the top

But who hired Leavitt? It was Taggart. I think the D Line coach Patrick is making a difference too, Who Taggart hired of course. 

In fall camp we lost a QB who was on the O’Brien list and who was considered one of if not the best G5 QB. Then Tronti ends up being not that good. And we’re left with no one who is a good passer. It’s not Taggart’s fault. 

Not only was Robison supposed to be the QB, but we would’ve had a replacement in Sanders if his dad didn’t become a coach at Jackson State.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

But who hired Leavitt? It was Taggart. I think the D Line coach Patrick is making a difference too, Who Taggart hired of course. 

In fall camp we lost a QB who was on the O’Brien list and who was considered one of if not the best G5 QB. Then Tronti ends up being not that good. And we’re left with no one who is a good passer. It’s not Taggart’s fault. 

Not only was Robison supposed to be the QB, but we would’ve had a replacement in Sanders if his dad didn’t become a coach at Jackson State.
Posted On: Nov 23rd 2020, 4:27 PM #398072

No you're right on the hiring of Leavitt and I should have clarified that. Willie t hired a very good staff and for that I have to give him credit.
Back to the top

I agree. Imho,  the best thing Willie has done is assembling an awesome staff. Coaches and recruiters. In know Willie jr  is a qb, but Willie needs to aggressively look for our future star qb.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I agree. Imho,  the best thing Willie has done is assembling an awesome staff. Coaches and recruiters. In know Willie jr  is a qb, but Willie needs to aggressively look for our future star qb.
Posted On: Nov 23rd 2020, 5:37 PM #398074

I agree about the future star QB; however, why do we have so many QBs in the roster?
Nick Trontti (red shirt junior)
Justin Agner (red shirt junior)
Javion Posey (red shirt freshman)
Willie Taggart Jr. (freshman)
Luke Cohn (freshman)
Tyler Kolb (freshman)
… these last 2, are they any good?

Back to the top

cbboarder said

That's why I removed that part of the post.
Posted On: Nov 23rd 2020, 3:28 PM #398068

:Winking:  :Smug:  :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

About the defensive staff. Experience matters. Isn’t it funny how dominant the defensive line is now that Patrick gets here. He was a star defensive end on a national championship team. That defense he was on is in my opinion the best defense of all time. No one has allowed fewer points since and they were the last team to allow less than 10 touchdowns.

That kind of experience matters. Then you talk about Leavitt who was the head coach of a team that at one point was #2 in the country. And he has a lot of experience as a defensive coordinator.

These are the guys Taggart hired . And that’s why if you actually know football you would’ve known Taggart was a great football coach from the beginning. He knows how to manage things. 

Or you can be an observer to FSU the past couple years and blame the coach and not an administration. 
Back to the top

I think Posey has a chance to be special. The last three games will be very telling. He just needs to throw these dinks and dunks call it a day
Back to the top

But right now he is pretty easy to defend. He needs to be more of a pass threat. If he had that.....warch out.
Back to the top
Control functions: