Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FOR THE RECORD: New Uniforms & Not Revealing

I would like to publicly respond to this statement made by another outlet regarding the Owls' new uniforms to debut in 2020:

"By the way, when this actually comes to fruition, watch for other so-called 'news' organizations to state publicly that they knew this was coming but didn’t want to tell you."

The truth of the matter is that I personally received a private video call presentation of the uniforms back on May 5th, 2020 at 2:00 PM and was asked to keep the reveal confidential - which was honored by myself and a number of others in the FAU media circle who were also notified.

We 100% welcome the opportunity for the claim made above to be fact checked within the department - immediately.

Unlike some, we are team players, and actually care about the program. Writing consistently negative and revealing pieces which go against the very fabric of being a positive member of the community is counterproductive, completely adverse to trust, and never will be our "angle".

We will always keep our word.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

I have no idea why they would post this information this soon. Let the team announce the uniforms. It seems breaking the news, no matter what it is, is their angle. But there's got to be some sort of mutual respect between the team, the media, the university, and the community. Very disappointing that this got leaked out early.  

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top

People suck..that's all I got
Back to the top

That quote is unprofessional and insulting. I get the race to be first with something, but I'll take accuracy and integrity any day of the week.
Back to the top

I’m willing to say the majority of FAU sports fans believe the Owl’s Nest to be the most credible and reliable source of FAU Athletics News
Back to the top

We have to stay consistent with our uniforms.   Hard to build a brand when the colors and design and helmet are changing so much.

Now I hear we go back to navy as our main color instead of red and just fau on the helmets?

We are the owls.  To me the owl should be on the helmet.
Back to the top

I mean the official team stuff on social media says packed and ready to go.  And if has the same looking white helmet and uniform combo as last year.   So who knows ?

I do think the navy helmet with the owl on it that we briefly had looks way better than having the state shape
Back to the top

LawOwl said

I’m willing to say the majority of FAU sports fans believe the Owl’s Nest to be the most credible and reliable source of FAU Athletics News
Posted On: Sep 17th 2020, 5:12 PM #396035

Unfortunately their stories get shared to outlets and forums like Reddit CFB, where thousands of college football fans see. It important that the community has common resources for these things.

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

I mean the official team stuff on social media says packed and ready to go.  And if has the same looking white helmet and uniform combo as last year.   So who knows ?

Posted On: Sep 17th 2020, 5:54 PM #396039

To my understanding, the plans to have all new uniforms this year were drawn back as the Covid-19 crisis continued. Moreover, the mock ups we saw were in the preliminary phase, and I personally belief that changes were made to them soon after. I can't confirm that, it's just a hunched based upon conversations. So all of these changes take time.

Doesn't mean we won't see them at some point this season!

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

SeminOwl28 said

Posted On: Sep 17th 2020, 5:54 PM #396039

To my understanding, the plans to have all new uniforms this year were drawn back as the Covid-19 crisis continued. Moreover, the mock ups we saw were in the preliminary phase, and I personally belief that changes were made to them soon after. I can't confirm that, it's just a hunched based upon conversations. So all of these changes take time.

Doesn't mean we won't see them at some point this season!
Posted On: Sep 17th 2020, 6:03 PM #396041

I'll continue to pray the owls actually have an owl on the helmet.    Just think the state looks stupid and is corny
Back to the top
Control functions: