Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FOR THE RECORD: New Uniforms & Not Revealing

LawOwl said

I’m willing to say the majority of FAU sports fans believe the Owl’s Nest to be the most credible and reliable source of FAU Athletics News
Posted On: Sep 17th 2020, 5:12 PM #396035

Thanks guys! And by no means do I mean nor do I have the desire to bring other outlets on the FAU beat down! The team at the UP, Kevin, Khobi, Reese, Owl TV, and Jake (although he's no longer on the beat) are all great people. We have a very tight knit community where we all work our hardest to bring y'all the news in the most factual and fastest way possible.

So naturally I'm sent up a wall when I see us, and hardworking KIDS on the beat getting thrown under the bus because we all kept our promises. Sorry I can't look at somebody in the eye, give them my word, then go behind their back while trashing others. It's not in my nature. Maybe it was the way I was raised?

Anyways, we here at the Nest are so thankful for you all. Remember, we're fans too! So we love sharing all the experiences that come with supporting FAU Athletics with all of you.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

I'll continue to pray the owls actually have an owl on the helmet.    Just think the state looks stupid and is corny
Posted On: Sep 17th 2020, 6:07 PM #396042

That's fair! Remember we did have the "full winged" owl on the helmets around the Pelini and Partridge years. That logo has since been retired. Do you like the Owl head logo? I actually don't mind it!

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

SeminOwl28 said

I'll continue to pray the owls actually have an owl on the helmet.    Just think the state looks stupid and is corny
Posted On: Sep 17th 2020, 6:07 PM #396042

That's fair! Remember we did have the "full winged" owl on the helmets around the Pelini and Partridge years. That logo has since been retired. Do you like the Owl head logo? I actually don't mind it!

Posted On: Sep 17th 2020, 6:26 PM #396044

Yes this is the logo I want on the helmets. Wouldnt mind having a white , red and navy jersey. But I wish we had a consistent helmet with the Owl in your post on it.
Back to the top

From the branding perspective; the owl head makes more sense. It is the main logo representing the school.
I wouldn't mind having the owl head with the letters on top. I understand the concept of the map but it does not help our branding.
Back to the top

The state logo is great, but the full owl head logo is our final phase of branding.  We have nice uniforms but i think more blue will make us stand out as well. We need more combinations that give us a unique feel and look.  We have American colors and we can really make a nice uni, but is it up to us or Adidas.  The Partridge years had some cool uni combos but losing seasons.  We need to stand and create a more futuristic look like a Boise. In essence take more risks like a grey uni with blue and white with some red.  Or all red with blue just to make us stand out on TV.
Back to the top
Control functions: