Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Future FAU Football Schedules

This truly is great news. Even though UCF  has been better than us in the past, these games feel winnable. Really good news for both teams.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

This truly is great news. Even though UCF  has been better than us in the past, these games feel winnable. Really good news for both teams.
Posted On: May 23rd 2021, 7:53 AM #402184

For any of the older fans on here, were FAU fans thinking something similar when they announced the UCF home-and-home in 2015?* UCF was on the downward trend and I remember there being optimism about the second year under Partridge, but I wasn’t versed enough in overall FAU knowledge or the community then to know if people saw the future games against UCF as winnable at the time. 

* I remember the 2018-19 series being finalized in 2015 in the copies of game contracts I had but I can’t find them in my Gmail. Please correct me if I’m wrong!

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

I can only speak for myself,  under lane, with Robison, I had some confidence in our team. Prior to that my confidence in a game being winnable was very low. Definitely not the UCF games.  Now , I feel the talent gap is closing .
Back to the top

I've never viewed any game as not winnable, just some not as probable than others.

UCF, leans more towards the winnable overall, and definitely not a guarantee type game.
Back to the top

Rick said

I've never viewed any game as not winnable, just some not as probable than others.

UCF, leans more towards the winnable overall, and definitely not a guarantee type game.
Posted On: May 24th 2021, 9:42 AM #402193

The only game in the LK era I saw as not winnable was Ohio State. I was naive about Oklahoma in 2018. 

Back to the top

And then of course we ended up playing better at Ohio State for a couple quarters than we did at OU...very hard to predict!
Back to the top

I only see G5 games winnable and maybe some P5 middle/bottom of the pack games.
Nice to play UCF again; they bring good energy to the stadium and it is easy to visit them.
Back to the top

Done deal, UCF in Boca Raton next season:

Back to the top

This is the kind of game needed to address the other thread about attendance.  Every effort should be made to play teams that will bring excitement, and in this case - they will bring lots of fans.  I know it is very hard to convince UM or UF or FSU play you as an in-state G5 opponent, and even harder to get them to agree to coming to Boca.  So playing USF and UCF, and trying some 2-for-1s with mid to lower tier ACC schools would go a long way.  My daughter just graduated, but this is a game that I will come back to Boca for!
Back to the top

Those two schools also lose nothing by trying to play FAU as often as they can. UCF can still do their “to be the best you have to play the best” and play 4-5 games against FAU per 10 years. You’re the recruiting same general area (although Broward and Dade has seemingly taken priority for those schools), it’s not as far as where FIU plays, and that crowd next year could be 70-30 UCF. 

Back to the top
Control functions: