Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

I forgot to come back and say good game, thanks for rescheduling us & next year

Georgia Southern. I'm sorry I did not return sooner and give you the respect you deserved! I know the game did not turn out the way you would have liked it to, But southern needed a good opponent win or lose and I can say I have respect for the OWLS! I know you'll give them hell next year including GSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

My Gripe Session!

I am a Flex Triple Option fan. I really don't like the Gun Option. It was supposed to enhance the passing game but we averaged 104 yards per game about the same as the Flex Triple Option. I cant really say that the "Gun Option" is truly a Triple Option scheme. The QB is not under center, so the defense can easily read what should be the dive play. The players in the Gun Option have a poor chance at the QB pitch because it can be easily read. Most of the time the QB keeps because the pitch man is read and covered. Southern is only averaging about 270 rushing & 27ppg where we use to average about 360-400 rushing yards per game and between 35-42ppg.

The only good news I may have is that Southern hired a new Gun Option OC for our bowl game & he won our bowl game against a 5-5 Louisiana Tech team 38-3, which still doesn't impress me. GSU ended up 8-5 last year. I want to see consistency and beat the top tear Sun Belt teams regularly next year!

Sorry I had to carry out my whining b!t@h session on your board, but that's because I respect you and your ban OOC opponent.

PARTY ON OWLS

TALON
Back to the top

I see that you start with FAMU as your warm up game next year and then Georgia Southern.

I also see you have a new DC coming aboard. That worries me a bit because of GSUs inconsistency, we play at FAU and unless Southern's new OC can make the Gun Option actually become better and our offense can become consistent. :Thinking:PARTY ON OWLS!

TALON
Back to the top

You need to re check your info. I'm currently not in the mood to discuss Georgia Southern. I'm more concerned with owl baseball. And yes. Party on owls
Back to the top

Local Owl said

You need to re check your info. I'm currently not in the mood to discuss Georgia Southern. I'm more concerned with owl baseball. And yes. Party on owls
Posted On: Feb 1st 2021, 8:05 PM #400346
That's fine. I did not mean to upset you. Just looking forward to the next game and I'm Sure the next game will cone down to the wire!

What info do I need to check out? Do we skip a year before our next match up?
Back to the top

No warn up game with the rattlers.  We don't do that.
Back to the top

Unfortunately for us, it is the Florida Gators in our opener in the Swamp.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Posted On: Feb 1st 2021, 8:22 PM #400348

Maybe not but I see you play Fordham in your 3rd game so you do play an FCS team.

It would be my opinion that you would rather play Fordham in your first game to work out any kinks with your new DC and offense before the OWLs played U of Florida. If not that's fine - to each his own.
Back to the top

GSUsTALON said

Local Owl said

Maybe not but I see you play Fordham in your 3rd game so you do play an FCS team.

It would be my opinion that you would rather play Fordham in your first game to work out any kinks with your new DC and offense before the OWLs played U of Florida. If not that's fine - to each his own.
Posted On: Feb 1st 2021, 10:55 PM #400351

Yes, and UF would rather play us in their first game… Since they are paying $1million, we are playing them in the first game of the season
Back to the top

owlmart said

GSUsTALON said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Feb 1st 2021, 10:55 PM #400351
Yes, and UF would rather play us in their first game… Since they are paying $1million, we are playing them in the first game of the season
Posted On: Feb 1st 2021, 11:07 PM #400352
Oh I agree!
I'm just glad we play Gardner-Webb before the OWLS!

2020 Georgia Southern Football Schedule | FBSchedules.com

In 2022 we play an FCS team before Nebraska, but as you say when a P5 million dollar pay out is involved you take it!

Its the luck of a P5 draw!
Back to the top

Without researching it, I can't remember FAU  scheduling a "warm up game". We start with the toughest game of the year. Florida, Oklahoma,  Ohio State, Alabama , Miami. Make sure the check clears and move on .
Back to the top
Control functions: