Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Legendary Coach Howard Schnellenberger Passes Away

Legendary Coach, and founder of FAU Football, Howard Schnellenberger Has Passed Away at the Age of 87

Read more

So sad. I met Schnelly a few times he gave me great advice before taking the LSAT back in 2013 too. We lost a legend today folks. One of one. We love you Coach and will see you again some day.
Back to the top

It’s a sad day but it’s been heartwarming seeing so many people share their memories. The last time I spoke with him was at the Hall of Fame in 2019. He insisted Alfred and Rusty Smith were still the best players in program history!

A true legend who impacted so many lives. My thoughts go out to Beverlee and the family. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

LawOwl said

So sad…We love you Coach and will see you again some day.
Posted On: Mar 27th 2021, 10:52 AM #401390

Back to the top

The world lost a legend today. RIP Coach. I am also enjoying reading people post their memories with Coach
Back to the top

I'm absolutely heartbroken.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Please consider if you are attending today's contest.

Back to the top

Rest in Paradise Coach.
Back to the top

Prayers up for the family. Sad day for Owl Nation and the game of College Football. Great to see everyone pay respects, even FSU.

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top

RIP.

As an upperclassman and recent grad, I was directly involved to some degree in the program before it even was a program. I remember the talk of coach coming in to build a program (which at the time most students couldn't even comprehend there) and was pretty much right there when the program officially got off the ground. In between graduating, staying there for a year and just prior to law school, I was involved in some initiatives to get FAU football going, and remember the first time meeting him in the elevator and chatting. He was so excited and really believed in the vision – goal being at the time to go to the Big East eventually. Fun tidbit, I remember a lot of the folks up there (not him) getting sort of a chuckle with the school down south going with Don Strock while we were getting the man.
Back to the top
Control functions: