Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

POST GAME 2022: North Texas - Coach Taggart

Comment: #news_3461

NJOWL said

Yes. Multiple times.

What are our thoughts on Willie Simmons?
Posted On: Oct 1st 2022, 11:34 PM #409002

If Willie did this (haven’t watched myself).  He should be let go tomorrow morning.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Willie Taggart is the one who needs to take the blame as he should.

But, I wonder if Willie is suffering the same fate that Charlie Partridge did when his assistant coaches were not performing, did nothing and it eventually cost Charlie his job.

Nick Saban, Kirby Smart and Ryan Day rely on each individual position coach to perform as any Executive would of their staff. They do not coach all of these positions by themselves.

Willie needs to take a long look at his position coaches before it is too late.
Back to the top

FAU Fan said

But, I wonder if Willie is suffering the same fate that Charlie Partridge did when his assistant coaches were not performing, did nothing and it eventually cost Charlie his job.

Nick Saban, Kirby Smart and Ryan Day rely on each individual position coach to perform as any Executive would of their staff. They do not coach all of these positions by themselves.

Posted On: Oct 2nd 2022, 4:46 AM #409014
You see the recent post from Rick?  The video where Joe Klatt goes on about the talent difference in the EXACT 3 schools you mention here compared to USC?  Says the difference in talent from the 3 schools you mention is the same distance from USC as USC is to FAU.

Basically the schools you list here have like 40% of the 5 star players in the country.  Maybe that’s a big reason they win?

Back to the top

FAU Fan said

I honestly don’t think the staff is the problem. I think it’s a pretty good one to be honest. 

I think willie choose the wrong QB plain and simple. How N’kosi finished last year they should have not brought him back for his Covid 6th year, or at the very least brought in a legit competitor.  N’kosi hides it in his stat lines but if you watch him he just is a QB that loses you games with inaccuracy and horrible decision making who puts your defense in losing positions as well
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

FAU Fan said

I honestly don’t think the staff is the problem. I think it’s a pretty good one to be honest. 

I think willie choose the wrong QB plain and simple. How N’kosi finished last year they should have not brought him back for his Covid 6th year, or at the very least brought in a legit competitor.  N’kosi hides it in his stat lines but if you watch him he just is a QB that loses you games with inaccuracy and horrible decision making who puts your defense in losing positions as well
Posted On: Oct 2nd 2022, 10:13 AM #409020
I mostly agree with this.  If I remember correctly, WT has issues recruiting QB’s to FSU?  Was almost a head scratching issue?  

I’d also so, the D has room for improvement.  Especially the DBs.

Back to the top

walty12 said

DeltAlumnus said

FAU Fan said

Posted On: Oct 2nd 2022, 10:13 AM #409020
I mostly agree with this.  If I remember correctly, WT has issues recruiting QB’s to FSU?  Was almost a head scratching issue?

I’d also so, the D has room for improvement.  Especially the DBs.
Posted On: Oct 2nd 2022, 10:18 AM #409021
He recruited Jordan Travis as a transfer. He’s their current QB.
agreed we should have brought in a competitor. Lane did with Robison. Wish we got Bohanon. 

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top
Control functions: