Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Roster attrition

dusky256fc said

Local Owl said

Isn't football  like seven months away.
Posted On: Feb 29th 2020, 6:43 PM #394315

You’re not going to get people interested in baseball by bad mouthing football.  I know it’s frustrating, I wish more people got into basketball but it is what it is.
Posted On: Feb 29th 2020, 8:29 PM #394319

On www.gsufans.com (Flight Line Sports Board) we do talk about all sports but a football tread is always started once or twice a week. This week the thread is about having to play App. State on a Thursday night which no one likes and will lead to lower attendance against a top rival.
Back to the top

MEIKO DOTSON IS GONE;

Back to the top

I hope it works out for you Meiko!  Thanks for an incredible season last year
Back to the top

Why are all the key players leaving? The wagon seems to be already starting in the wrong direction. Both tight ends, corners, and our best linebacker. Chris is going to put the team on his back this year with our running backs. 
Back to the top

XcOWL said

Why are all the key players leaving? The wagon seems to be already starting in the wrong direction. Both tight ends, corners, and our best linebacker. Chris is going to put the team on his back this year with our running backs. 
Posted On: Apr 12th 2020, 10:55 AM #394641

It doesn't have much to do with Willie as it does with college football in 2020.

For every TJ Chase player that transfers here, we will probably lose one.

Guys like Dotson and Raine are taking their shot at playing at the highest level.

FAU has been fortunate in this respect over the last few years.

I expect FAU to make a couple moves to add back to the roster before the season gets underway.
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

XcOWL said

It doesn't have much to do with Willie as it does with college football in 2020.

For every TJ Chase player that transfers here, we will probably lose one.

Guys like Dotson and Raine are taking their shot at playing at the highest level.

FAU has been fortunate in this respect over the last few years.

I expect FAU to make a couple moves to add back to the roster before the season gets underway.
Posted On: Apr 12th 2020, 12:17 PM #394644

I think Raine is able to be more easily replaced but Dotson will be hard to replace next season because we are extremely thin on CB. But wasnt Dotson more of a lurking corner that would kind of go rogue during plays and basically look for an INT instead of playing his man?
Back to the top

@wagon, that is generally the case with any db  that gets a lot of interceptions. They are also burned from time to time. The guy that plays the given call rely on a bad throw or deflection to get an int.  I think Shane is correct about Coach making a move.  I am so ready for football.  Our D will be a question mark. But when I look at our skill guys on O, we have plenty to work with.
Back to the top

XcOWL said

Who needs corners when you're scoring 50 points a game? (red font on that)

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Local Owl said

@wagon, that is generally the case with any db  that gets a lot of interceptions. They are also burned from time to time. The guy that plays the given call rely on a bad throw or deflection to get an int.  I think Shane is correct about Coach making a move.  I am so ready for football.  Our D will be a question mark. But when I look at our skill guys on O, we have plenty to work with.
Posted On: Apr 12th 2020, 12:36 PM #394648

I have faith in Leavitt to scheme around the guys we have and as Shane said I definitely think Willie will get some guys before the Fall starts. The offense though is going to be insane with TJ, Chris, Bj, Malcolm and many others, Chris is an NFL caliber QB I think he takes another step next season. Cant wait for the season to finally start.
Back to the top

A good coach uses what he has and works around the weaknesses. I'm totally confident in Jim's ability and knowledge.  As for your take on the O, man I'm right there with you. I hate to sound over confident. But we should be able to out score a lot of out opponents.  I want to see our backs catching passes. I bet it happens.
Back to the top
Control functions: