Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Seniors Returning

For the 2021 season, any player that is out of eligibility can apply for a waiver to grant them an extra year.

Since this season did not technically count towards eligibility for anyone.

2021 also allows any play that would normally be out of eligibility to come back and not count against the 85 man scholarship limit.

So, teams can use returning seniors to fill gaps the 25 man limit of incoming players can not.

Here are the seniors we can confirm are coming back.

Zyon Gilbert

TJ Chase

Aaron Young

Caliph Brice

John Mitchell

James Charles

Korel Smith

Quran Hafiz

Desmond Noel

Jordan Helm
Back to the top

That is 4 BIG ones Owl fans!
Back to the top

Jake Jones the backup center posted on Instagram a few weeks ago that he is done….I would be shocked if Leighton McCarthy returns….I expect Jordan Helm back if he wants to come back given that he’s still in grad school and Taggart loves him.

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

This must be incorrect. The WRs don’t like the fact that WTJR is getting playing time at WR and they don’t like WT.
Back to the top

If someone is posting on the forum without a link from someone very credible (i.e. a player announcing something on Twitter) and it doesn’t come from Rick, Jack, or Shane…can we all just agree to ignore it? People spread misinformation and it’s not worth even caring what those people tweet or post on Reddit or TON. 

Nothing against anyone specific. But those three are the blue checkmarks, so to speak. They have a pulse on what is going inside that building that no one else on the forum has.* 

*That includes me. My news breaking days are over and I really don’t know what’s going on at FAU. Just enjoying my retirement. 🤗

Back to the top

JakeElman said

I would be shocked if Leighton McCarthy returns….
Posted On: Jan 14th 2021, 5:15 PM #399970

LM is gone…

Back to the top

In non-gatekeeping news, add Korel Smith to that list, per the school. He’s one of the few guys left over from Charlie Partridge’s final class and team. 

Back to the top

I can confirm Korel Smith is back.

Though most knew already, John Mitchell is returning and working with the team rehabbing his knee.

Running Back James Charles is also back working with the team.

I will add both to the list.
Back to the top

Thank you Shane.
Hope you will post a comprehensive list when it is appropriate.
We all look forward to seeing what our team can look like next season.
Maybe a list of returning/not returning seniors.
Back to the top

Getting Chase and Zyon to return is hugeeeee
Back to the top
Control functions: