Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Taggart Out - per Andrew Ivins

https://twitter.com/andrew_ivins/status/1596660305857482752?s=46&t=hEPq3CCyFC4Wz3oUYNeqCg

They had no choice.  Seemed like a nice man, but a below average head coach.  

1-10 in November as Owls coach…yikes!
Back to the top

Awesome that it’s Andrew who broke the news 
Back to the top

We are a program with standards now.  During the Partridge years, Im sure we would have loved three straight 5 win seasons but we have matured to the point where the minimum expectation is to reach and win a bowl game. Willie tanked the program. We are going to need the next guy to hit the portal and remain competitive in the American 
Back to the top

wow....

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Idk. I kind of feel like LawOwl broke this story haha
Back to the top

Best news I've heard all year. I still wish we listened to our gut and fired him last year. I hate going into the American Conference with many new faces. I'm really glad he didn't pull it off today, because it would have added one more bowl loss before Taggart was fired. Nice guy, good Christian, but one of the worst HC I've ever witnessed. Cheers to better times ahead. I just pray that Taggart didn't set us back as bad as he screwed FSU. Go Owls!!!!
Back to the top

#applause 
Back to the top

I am shocked that FAU fired Taggart after only three seasons. It’s an impressive statement by Brian and the FAU people in charge but I hope it doesn’t come back to haunt us. People may be surprised to know that Willie had the second most successful tenure as a FAU head coach (non-interim) after Lane so I thought they would give him at least a fourth year to see what he could do. Three years is quick unless the coach was a disaster especially with one year being shortened and affected by Covid. I am afraid that we may hire another Partridge or maybe the next Will Healy from Charlotte. Realistically, it is more likely that happens than hiring the next Kiffin.

Expect to see the typical candidates like FAMU head coach Willie Simmons, Tim Harris, Randy Shannon mentioned. Maybe Scott Frost if USF doesn’t hire him and he wants to stay in college. I hope we reach out to the likes of Jeff Lebby, Golesh, Weiss Jr., Kittley, but there is probably a greater chance they end up like Spavital at Texas State, Healy at Charlotte, or worse yet, Jeff Scott at USF than the next Kiffin.
Back to the top

Free Willie!
Back to the top

There’s Lane, Howard and then there’s everyone else in terms of our previous head coaches. We’ve shown we can attract big name talent, now we need to prove it. I like Art or Kendal Briles, Jon Gruden, Dan Mullen or Manny Diaz but that’s just my personal preference. Not sure what the University plans to do at this time but happy to share whatever whiffs of information that may or may not come my way within reason.
Back to the top
Control functions: