Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The downward spiral

One of the following was 2021 and the other Lane in 2018.  Can anybody tell me which is which?

OVERALL
5-7
PCT
CONF
3-5
PCT
HOME
4-2
AWAY
1-5

OVERALL
5-7
PCT
CONF
3-5
PCT
HOME
4-2
AWAY
1-5

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I agree the Oline was our Achilles heal. I don’t know where to look for stats on most allowed sacks but Perry would definitely be high on the list of number of times sacked. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

walty12 said

One of the following was 2021 and the other Lane in 2018.  Can anybody tell me which is which?

OVERALL
5-7
PCT
CONF
3-5
PCT
HOME
4-2
AWAY
1-5

OVERALL
5-7
PCT
CONF
3-5
PCT
HOME
4-2
AWAY
1-5

Posted On: Nov 29th 2021, 11:40 AM #405586

Can I see the wku and Marshall scores in each year ?   How about all the scores to see how close they were ?
Because then I could easily pick it out
Back to the top

walty12 said

Posted On: Nov 29th 2021, 11:40 AM #405586

While the record is the same, there is no reasonable comparison between the two.

We beat WKU 34-15 instead of losing 52-17, and Air Force as well. We also lost four C-USA games by a total of 15 points.
Back to the top

Some scores from that year.

L 63-14

L 56-36

L 31-7

You want me to compare rosters next?  There are probably 7 or 8 NFL starters on that 2018 NFL team.

Back to the top

That is all.
Back to the top

Kiffin >>> Taggart said

That is all.
Posted On: Nov 29th 2021, 1:46 PM #405592

Solid contribution to the board.

Back to the top

walty12 said

L 63-14

L 56-36

L 31-7

You want me to compare rosters next?  There are probably 7 or 8 NFL starters on that 2018 NFL team.
Posted On: Nov 29th 2021, 1:42 PM #405591
Good job picking out the games that season where we got blown out by extremely good teams - Oklahoma, UCF, and Marshall. All of our other CuSA games were quite close. This also happened to be a season with a freshman QB (Chris Robison), a terrible DC, and jarringly bad special teams.

With WT, this is now season 2 of horrible performance against bad teams. We've gotten blown out by literally everyone (ODU, WKU, Marshall, Air Force). We let UTEP rally 20 points in the last 2 minutes and almost let them beat us. And all of this despite an experienced P5 senior transfer QB, several super senior players on their 6th year (with covid exceptions), return of ALL of our OL starters, and better training facilities. 
Back to the top

faufan2017 said

walty12 said

L 63-14

L 56-36

L 31-7

Posted On: Nov 29th 2021, 1:42 PM #405591
Good job picking out the games that season where we got blown out by extremely good teams - Oklahoma, UCF, and Marshall. All of our other CuSA games were quite close. This also happened to be a season with a freshman QB (Chris Robison), a terrible DC, and jarringly bad special teams.

With WT, this is now season 2 of horrible conference play against bad teams. Somehow we got blown out last year against bad teams towards the end of the season, and this year is no different. We've gotten blown out by everyone including CuSA teams (ODU, WKU, Marshall) and almost lost UTEP with a senior transfer QB (who has played in 10+ games at the P5). But say even if we didn't use
Posted On: Nov 29th 2021, 2:00 PM #405594
Just keeping things in perspective.

I could also post blow out losses by Lane to teams like Navy if you'd like?

Or losses to Buffalo?

Look, maybe it's time to fire Willie?  Or maybe he will be able to coach here like he coached at USF?  How have they been since he left?

College football is crazy.  Jim Harbaugh was the worst coach in America 12 months ago.  Ed O had just won a National Title.  Dan Mullen had UF back.  Chip Kelly ran the best offense college football had ever seen.  Scott Frost was bringing Nebraska back.  UTSA got railroaded by UNT.  

Just trying to keep a little perspective is all.  And I agree with your points, I am not happy with where we are currently.  I also am firmly aware the talent level of our current roster (no disrespect to current players, love all of them) has taken a pretty steep drop.  It's 100% on Willie to fix it.  

And yes, Lane is a better HC than Willie.  But let's be real, the onLY reason we had a coach of Lane's caliber was due to past issues.  There arent a ton of coaches in waiting that should be the HC at maybe Alabama or LSU looking for a FAU offer.  To all on here...that was a 1/1000 thing that happened.

Back to the top

Just swinging by to get a feel for the current mood on the board… hope everyone is well.  

For what its worth I have to agree that the downward spiral is heartbreaking… but what did you expect from a fool who's burned every place he's been at…. no surprise here… get ready for a 3-4 win season next year you guys.

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top
Control functions: