Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The downward spiral

I actually feel ok about the upcoming year. No one hear can say they expected a double digit win season. Also no one expected Perry to come in here and blow the doors off this offense. I saw alot of his Miami games. He's exactly what he was there. but for us he was a useful stopgap. If you saw the spring game then you know WT used Perry as a one year vet to give MJJ a year to work the offense. How MJJ goes next year is how the team goes….is how the season goes… is how Taggert's time here goes. WT also gets the benefit of going through a garbage covid year. So he's really got a solid 2 left. With plenty of other Fla schools having down years, it's time for WT's famed recruiting skills to kick in. If he can manage a top 50 recruiting class we'll be in business. If we're closer to a triple digit class, it would be disastrous on the eve of entering a new conference. We'll have a better idea in a couple of months….

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Perry did throw for 2700 yards and a 20-7 td-int number.
My question is WHY the OL Coach was not fired yet!!!! WE ALL saw where the problem lies.
Back to the top

I saw a weak Oline this year. They probably have the most 300+ pounders they ever had this year but couldn’t get the job done. Perry was sacked too many times, never had much time to find receivers and the run game wasn’t as effective as it should have been. 
I don’t know where the problem is. Coaching or the player’s ability or both. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

I saw a weak Oline this year. They probably have the most 300+ pounders they ever had this year but couldn’t get the job done. Perry was sacked too many times, never had much time to find receivers and the run game wasn’t as effective as it should have been. 
I don’t know where the problem is. Coaching or the player’s ability or both. 
Posted On: Dec 8th 2021, 10:42 AM #405843

I agree but with so many P5 transfers should have been much better IMHO! Starts at Coaching, making them improve and get better, that obviously did not happen!
Back to the top
Control functions: