Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Top 25 watch

Last season's team was better than this one. I agree. We are not a top 25. Imho, this has been an off year. Definitely missing CR.  This season would have been special with him.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Last season's team was better than this one. I agree. We are not a top 25. Imho, this has been an off year. Definitely missing CR.  This season would have been special with him.
Posted On: Nov 29th 2020, 8:27 PM #398228

Last years team was better but that’s because the offense was clicking on all cylinders. The defense is lights out,  and we have won games so that matters.  MTSU and USF not playing us hurts I believe that’s 2 additional wins which makes us more attractive to be ranked.
If we continue to win and win a bowl game we can be a fringe team to get ranked.  Of course the committee and AP wants more P5 teams in than G5 teams in.
Back to the top

I expect this team to win against the next 2 opponents. FAU has had more talent and better recruiting classes in the past 4 years with high caliber staffs. They should be winning these games.
Back to the top

Being completely unbiased but we haven’t beaten a top 50 team and lost to the one top 25 team we played. Im not seeing top 25 at the moment even if we win the next 2 I don’t see it. Now a bowl game against a quality opponent, if we win that, we deserve it and should get it
Back to the top

@owlmart. Exactly. Two regular wins and a bowl win vs a quality team  and then we should look to see if we break the top 25.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

The game getting cancelled hurt us in the polls. In the AP we went from having 5 to none. In the coaches we have 1 vote now. 
Posted On: Nov 29th 2020, 5:04 PM #398221

If FAU gets Myrtle Beach bowl against an undefeated Coastal and wins…youll get top 25.
Back to the top

That's a lot of ifs
Back to the top
Control functions: