Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Transfer Portal

Owls2013 said

SeminOwl28 said

Owls2013 said

SeminOwl28 said

Owls2013 said

SeminOwl28 said

Owls2013 said

SeminOwl28 said

Not that impressed with early returns on coach and staff. Thought he'd hit the ground running more.

Guess the Central Michigan guy is the QB as mjj is constantly hurt

Still like the Herman hire but wasn't enamored with the staff.  Didn't seem very AAC to me.
Posted On: Jan 18th 2023, 5:50 PM #411989
What is AAC to you? They have landed multiple transfers on the front a RB who ran for 1k under the current OC. They "missed" an no one here knows why any of these kids make choices.

UF took Graham Mertz. Star QB's are not just laying around unless you are willing to pay.

Let also consider they have kept a lot of important pieces like Larry. No real impact losses. Most schools can not say that.
There is all spring for QB's to shake loose.

Posted On: Jan 18th 2023, 8:42 PM #411994
Losing a QB to La Tech isn't good. No homer spin will change that. Gained an RB and also lost a RB .  Gained a DE and also lost a DE .  It's been nothin special so far
Posted On: Jan 18th 2023, 8:49 PM #411995
Lost and RB? Lost a DE with 10 sacks in three whole seasons? And you know for a fact it was a flat choice? Dam you must have some real inside info.

Posted On: Jan 18th 2023, 9:26 PM #411996
Yep lost Dean and gained the kid from Purdue.   Sorry if you lost track.  Hey at least you are finally off the Taggart train

We lost a kid to cusa and la tech at a position of need.  I know you like to spin positive all the time , but it isnt going well so far
Posted On: Jan 18th 2023, 9:50 PM #411997
Dean vs a kid who ran for 1k under the new OC. Yea that is the same. You have zero idea of what you are talking about. P.S. Was never on a train just called you out for posting out things that did not make any sense. You just think you know what is going on and you truly have zero idea.
Posted On: Jan 18th 2023, 10:44 PM #411998
Give me any examples of you pointing out stuff where I didn't know what I was talking about and didn't make sense ?   You are full.of crap.

You are still bitter and come at me because you were wrong on Taggart and I was right.

Look I'll be positive when stuff is done right.  I'll be negative when I don't like how things are going.   I'm not a homer like you where it's always positive spin.   This was a big miss here. Take your little grudge and agenda somewhere else

Ps :. Lewis rushed for over 1 k in the Mac in 2019.   I'm not worried about rb and think he has talent but the Mac isn't the AAC and that was years ago

I don't think they've been good at recruiting so far but it's early.  Still love the Herman hire

Posted On: Jan 18th 2023, 11:03 PM #411999

No you are just neg all the time. You say things like "clearly" and "I know" when you have zero idea.
Posted On: Jan 19th 2023, 11:18 AM #412004

I'm objective.  You are a homer.   There wasnt much to be positive on with Taggart. And that's why he was fired.

With Herman ive been fully supportive of his hire.  Not a fan of much of the staff especially the DC but I'll give it all a shot.  But pointing out big misses is just being real.  I haven't been overly impressed with recruiting but I've said plenty it's early.

Move on and focus on the thread topic instead of your clear grudge
Back to the top

cbboarder said

Maybe he knows something we don't? Like he wasn't going to be the guaranteed starter if he came here? Or there's another QB that hasn't been announced that will be No. 1 QB?

Go Owls!

Posted On: Jan 19th 2023, 11:19 AM #412005

Let's hope it's the latter .   The CMU guy could be good but he wasn't a full time starter in the MAC. AAC is a big step up.

They wouldn't be recruiting Hank if they didn't want him to start or contend to start though.  Theyll try for others but they obviously wanted him

If not I'll hope Richardson is great or mjj gets healthy or something.  As a fan you hope for the best but I'd rather have more competition

Back to the top

Owls2013 said

SeminOwl28 said

Not that impressed with early returns on coach and staff. Thought he'd hit the ground running more.  

Still like the Herman hire but wasn't enamored with the staff.  Didn't seem very AAC to me.

What is AAC to you? They have landed multiple transfers on the front a RB who ran for 1k under the current OC. They "missed" an no one here knows why any of these kids make choices.

UF took Graham Mertz. Star QB's are not just laying around unless you are willing to pay.

Let also consider they have kept a lot of important pieces like Larry. No real impact losses. Most schools can not say that.

that rb ran for 1k against maybe the weakest division in 2019 he didn’t do anything at all for Purdue I don’t understand why we got a rb we need soo much more to be competitive 
Back to the top

Welp, Garcia to Missouri, for some reason...
Back to the top

Keno said

Owls2013 said

SeminOwl28 said

that rb ran for 1k against maybe the weakest division in 2019 he didn’t do anything at all for Purdue I don’t understand why we got a rb we need soo much more to be competitive 
Posted On: Jan 19th 2023, 6:41 PM #412014

If you noticed Johnny Ford is not on the roster so yea it is important to grab depth.
Back to the top

Keno said

Owls2013 said

SeminOwl28 said

Maybe you're right…

182   1,074   5.9   12   

But this is his stat line in 2019 (not sure if he has injuries or what since?).  But they played Penn State, TCU, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Iowa, etc in 2019.  

1,100 yards at 6 yards a carry with 12 TD's is a heck of a year.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

cbboarder said

Maybe he knows something we don't? Like he wasn't going to be the guaranteed starter if he came here? Or there's another QB that hasn't been announced that will be No. 1 QB?

Go Owls!

Not directed at you cbboarder, but just to set this thing on more level footing and remove some invalid assumptions that have been tossed around:

1. He didn't choose LA Tech over FAU.

2. Just because a prospect visits a school doesn't mean that they have a committable offer, this is why they come in in a lot of cases, it's a feeling out process that goes both ways.

3. He isn't even guaranteed to be the starter at LA tech either, he has to compete. And he certainly wasn't guaranteed anything here as well.

4. Making assumptions that a prospect comes on campus and has the keys to the car and full control of the recruiting relationship is dangerous.

People can think what they want about this exchange, but this is reality.

We had two commits from the early signing day that we didn't even take the time to call and ask to stay. They said publicly they were decommitting.

You do the math.

On to the next one!

Back to the top

walty12 said

Keno said

Owls2013 said

SeminOwl28 said

Maybe you're right…

182   1,074   5.9   12   

But this is his stat line in 2019 (not sure if he has injuries or what since?).  But they played Penn State, TCU, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Iowa, etc in 2019.  

Posted On: Jan 20th 2023, 11:00 AM #412038
bro where are you getting this from smh they did not play any of those teams that year and the only big team they played was 11#ranked Wisconsin and he didn’t do anything matter fact he have never been productive against any winning team smh all of his yards came in maybe 5 games against teams we never heard of so again that move as well as the qb move was only made because of the oc ties with those guys but neither one will probably be effective for us we need a real qb and Lewis is not statistically better than mobley or mccamon 
Back to the top

Rick said

cbboarder said

Go Owls!

Not directed at you cbboarder, but just to set this thing on more level footing and remove some invalid assumptions that have been tossed around:

1. He didn't choose LA Tech over FAU.

2. Just because a prospect visits a school doesn't mean that they have a committable offer, this is why they come in in a lot of cases, it's a feeling out process that goes both ways.

3. He isn't even guaranteed to be the starter at LA tech either, he has to compete. And he certainly wasn't guaranteed anything here as well.

4. Making assumptions that a prospect comes on campus and has the keys to the car and full control of the recruiting relationship is dangerous.

People can think what they want about this exchange, but this is reality.

We had two commits from the early signing day that we didn't even take the time to call and ask to stay. They said publicly they were decommitting.

You do the math.

On to the next one!

Posted On: Jan 20th 2023, 11:08 AM #412039

I don't think people have said anything like 2 and 4 that that you laid out. I'm aware of how it works for one. Plenty of players from my high school have been recruited and take visits.   Some get commitable offers and some don't

For example Mitch Trubisky went to my HS. He had soft offers from OSU and bama but they weren't commitable scholarship offers.    He then got one from North Carolina among others and went there.

All the reporting out there had FAU make him an offer.  Maybe you know something there that we aren't privy to. That said , colleges aren't always completely transparent with media.  Sometimes they miss and they just cover up by saying a guy wasn't offered.   But you can't help those cases in which they don't tell you everything

I still hope they get more competition.  Mjj is always hurt.  Richardson can be good but wasnt always starting at cmu.  I'd like him to beat someone out to win the job  
Back to the top

walty12 said

Maybe you're right…

182   1,074   5.9   12   

Posted On: Jan 20th 2023, 11:00 AM #412038

Keno said

bro where are you getting this from smh they did not play any of those teams that year and the only big team they played was 11#ranked Wisconsin and he didn’t do anything matter fact he have never been productive against any winning team smh all of his yards came in maybe 5 games against teams we never heard of so again that move as well as the qb move was only made because of the oc ties with those guys but neither one will probably be effective for us we need a real qb and Lewis is not statistically better than mobley or mccamon 
Posted On: Jan 20th 2023, 11:18 AM #412040

He had the wrong Michigan!

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top
Control functions: