Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Transfer Portal

R-Fr. WR Eyin Cole is in the portal…the three of us that attended fall camp daily in 2019 will remember how great he looked with the ones. If not for injury, there really was a good chance that he would have played a sizable amount as a true freshman that year if they needed him. 

Rooting for him!!

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

JakeElman said

R-Fr. WR Eyin Cole is in the portal…the three of us that attended fall camp daily in 2019 will remember how great he looked with the ones. If not for injury, there really was a good chance that he would have played a sizable amount as a true freshman that year if they needed him. 

Rooting for him!!
Posted On: Jan 21st 2021, 12:01 PM #400101
Cole is a player who could have had a chance to make huge strides if he did not opt-out this season.

Any player had the right to opt-out, but where do these guys expect to play after not playing a down in 2 years?

Fun fact, there is only one receiver Lane Kiffin Recruited on FAU's roster in Jordan Merrell.

This is the same amount of receivers on the roster that was recruited by Charlie Partridge in John Mitchell.

Back to the top

Was speaking to someone the other day and told them would be very surprised if he returned, and that he seemed a very likely candidate to transfer or just leave.

The injury and being away so long from conditioning and the team environment will be a challenge, but best wishes to him.

Back to the top

Unless the NCAA changes course on scholarship limits there will be alot of kids who have played their last down of football. The portal is just growing each day. I saw Dana Holgerson’s son entered the portal from Houston where his dad is coaching.  Not sure where he can go and play.
Back to the top

1OwlFLATL said

Unless the NCAA changes course on scholarship limits there will be alot of kids who have played their last football. The portal is just growing each day. I saw Dana Holgerson’s son entered the portal from Houston where his dad is coaching.  Not sure where he can go and play.
Posted On: Jan 21st 2021, 1:08 PM #400104

The portal helps schools like FAU find to add more talent to the roster, but it is causing tons of unintended consequences.

Every player a school takes from the portal is one less player from high school who gets an opportunity.

I have talked to dozens of high school coaches in the past couple of months, who express frustration that when they call their college coaching contacts to tell them about players they have, they are getting a lot of "we are holding spots for transfers.'

FAU is currently doing the same with their current class.

Back to the top

I guess it is frustrating when an offer is pulled . But for every transfer, that should make an opening somewhere else. Can't blame a head coach for filling a need with a proven commodity
Back to the top

Dylan Mcaffery just entered the transfer portal. Would love to get him. I’m sure he’ll have a lot of opportunities with bigger suitors but who knows. I would have liked to have gotten Perry too before he decided to return to Miami.
Back to the top

Big Lerm said

Dylan Mcaffery just entered the transfer portal. Would love to get him. I’m sure he’ll have a lot of opportunities with bigger suitors but who knows. I would have liked to have gotten Perry too before he decided to return to Miami.
Posted On: Jan 21st 2021, 7:56 PM #400108

Perry is finishing classes and then entering the portal again
Back to the top

THE WILLIE WAGON said

Big Lerm said

Posted On: Jan 21st 2021, 7:56 PM #400108

Perry is finishing classes and then entering the portal again

Posted On: Jan 21st 2021, 9:13 PM #400109

Doesn’t mean he’ll be coming here.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I guess it is frustrating when an offer is pulled . But for every transfer, that should make an opening somewhere else. Can't blame a head coach for filling a need with a proven commodity
Posted On: Jan 21st 2021, 5:17 PM #400106

It doesn't open a spot.

With the 25 man cap, it doesn't matter if your school has 5 scholarship players; you can only add 25 a year.

Look at the Reggie Davis situation with FAU; Johnny Ford transfers from a place he is on a scholarship to FAU, where he is counted as part of the class.

Davis is basically replaced in the class.

By transferring, Ford took the place of high school player without opening a spot at USF.

Back to the top
Control functions: