Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Transfer Portal

Big Lerm said

Tate Martell anyone??? He’s been behind some very good qb’s everywhere he has been and when he gets the chance he does ok. Obviously for his expectations out of high school has underwhelmed but we don’t need a superstar.

https://247sports.com/Article/Tate-Martell-Miami-Hurricanes-early-projection-UNLV-enters-NCAA-transfer-portal--160030231/
Posted On: Jan 27th 2021, 7:06 PM #400273

No. I don’t even know if I would take him if he pays his own way. I’m definitely not giving him a scholarship. I get a very immature vibe from him. FAU does not need that right now … which means he will be QB1 on opening day against UF. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

JakeElman said

Big Lerm said

Tate Martell anyone??? He’s been behind some very good qb’s everywhere he has been and when he gets the chance he does ok. Obviously for his expectations out of high school has underwhelmed but we don’t need a superstar.

https://247sports.com/Article/Tate-Martell-Miami-Hurricanes-early-projection-UNLV-enters-NCAA-transfer-portal--160030231/
Posted On: Jan 27th 2021, 7:06 PM #400273

No. I don’t even know if I would take him if he pays his own way. I’m definitely not giving him a scholarship. I get a very immature vibe from him. FAU does not need that right now … which means he will be QB1 on opening day against UF. 
Posted On: Jan 27th 2021, 7:08 PM #400274

Said all the right things in the interview above. Seems to have it together now. Who knows though.
Back to the top

The only thing I know about him is him telling Justin Fields not to go to OSU because they already have a starting QB (himself I assume) then ran the moment Fields said he was coming. No the most positive reflection, but young men grow up, so who knows. I don't think he'd be my first choice, but wouldn't be mad at the risk if nothing changes over the next few months
Back to the top

Can we move this to the recruiting section?

With the changes in transfer rules, our (CUSA) new recruiting news is mostly from the portal.  Not a bad thing necessarily, but a change.  And probably where our most exciting news is going to come from.  We can recruit 4 star Sophomore transfer's much more successfully than HS 4 star kids.

Highschool recruiting for schools like FAU has been highly marginalized.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

Perry is going to sit out the spring semester, here's a quick read

https://247sports.com/Article/Miami-Hurricanes-Football-2021-QB-NKosi-Perry-will-not-participate-in-spring-football-160398823/

Posted On: Feb 4th 2021, 2:55 AM #400404

Perry has made it clear he will re-enter the portal when he gets his degree from UM.
Back to the top

Hmmmm. You sure know a lot about Perry
Back to the top

Back to the top

That's a good look.
Back to the top

I like it! Get your degree and come on over. Even without a spring, I like to think he would have an inside track to starting vs UF
Back to the top
Control functions: