Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Trickett and Fairman Let Go

Trickett and Fairman Let Go
Back to the top

I figured the special teams coach would be let go. They got a punt blocked as well as got a gave up a punt return for a td.
Back to the top

Had to see both coming given the special teams play and play of the QBs 
Back to the top

Trickett will be eligible for 12 weeks of pay, unless he lands somewhere else. Should that not happen the salary will handcuff another hire. He was scheduled to make $180K in 2021.
Back to the top

Rick said

Trickett will be eligible for 12 weeks of pay, unless he lands somewhere else. Should that not happen the salary will handcuff another hire. He was scheduled to make $180K in 2021.
Posted On: Jan 3rd 2021, 6:20 PM #399725

I would let mehringer coach the QBs and bring in a WR Coach. Mehringer played QB I believe. Go get lamar thomas. 
Back to the top

Taggart (whose plays we're using and who's calling them), Trickett and Meringer are all passing game folks. It was a little hard to justify having the both of them as co-coordinators.
Back to the top

Business  is  business.  Good luck in the future. Hopefully, good luck to us.
Back to the top

We didn't adjust the incoming system the the personnel we had. We still tried to run what worked at other places with much less "specific" talent.

Can't put that on Trickett he didn't have that level of decision making.

Most HC have their system and then try to cram it in no matter who they have to execute it.

See Nebraska for recent example.

And also see Schnelly the last few years of his tenure - despite being told by multiple coaches at the time that they had to adjust.

We all know how that worked out.

This is just another case of the same thing IMHO, although not quite as bad.

Not disappointed with what we put up given the OVERALL big picture (COVID, injuries, ineligible players), but we still could have done better if there had been more open mindedness to flexibility and some creative injections given the obvious loss and unavailable limitations we had to endure - some of which should have still been here.

This partial list was posted earlier after the bowl loss, and doesn't address RB play in depth, but it clearly shows some gaping holes. Cleaned it up a but for sake of ease reading wise:

Back to the top

I agree to an extent but I don’t know what else we could have ran. We ran multiple formations and plays. At one point I said lets just run the wing t. We had a drive where we ran the ball 9 straight times and scored. I say run things that we will run in the future so we know who can execute what. As for the QB play i dont think it all falls on trickett. I was amazed at how bad the fundamentals were. From not knowing when to give the handoff on the read option to fumbling the handoff and not knowing as a QB to fall on it. We need some fundamental QB work ASAP. The reason you cant pin it on trickett is tronti came to fau as a walkon I believe, posey played WR last year, littlejohn is he still on the team?, Agner walk on. Wasn’t alot for him to work with either.
Back to the top

I’m mainly interested to see what Taggart does to replace them. Especially Trickett. The QB rooms needs a good coach (obvious I know) to develop what’s there and maybe another arm that hopefully does come. Since this move was made later I would have to think Taggart has someone in mind or lined up already. I don’t know if anyone has any names from taggart’s past that could fit the bill. 
Back to the top
Control functions: