Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Trickett and Fairman Let Go

LawOwl said

1OwlFLATL said

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

LawOwl said

1OwlFLATL said

DeltAlumnus said

I’m mainly interested to see what Taggart does to replace them. Especially Trickett. The QB rooms needs a good coach (obvious I know) to develop what’s there and maybe another arm that hopefully does come. Since this move was made later I would have to think Taggart has someone in mind or lined up already. I don’t know if anyone has any names from taggart’s past that could fit the bill. 
Posted On: Jan 3rd 2021, 8:42 PM #399734
Shaun King the former Bucs QB was taggart’s QB coach at USF. He was AAC recruiter of the year and he developed quentin flowers. Not sure if he is coaching anywhere at the moment.
Posted On: Jan 4th 2021, 8:00 PM #399751

Love it. Bring him to mold Posey into the next Flowers.
Posted On: Jan 4th 2021, 8:40 PM #399752

He is currently the RB coach at USF.

Love the idea of bringing him in.

Would probably need a “Co OC” titles and a pay raise.
Posted On: Jan 4th 2021, 9:17 PM #399753

Pat white is the new USF running back coach I thought. Yes that pat white the WVU playmaker and former dolphin player:
Posted On: Jan 4th 2021, 10:31 PM #399755

I’ll always remember him for getting absolutely destroyed by Ike Taylor in 2010. I literally thought he died when I saw that in real time 
Posted On: Jan 4th 2021, 10:41 PM #399756

Lmao man we had some strange draft picks back then. Tedd Ginn and his family too
Back to the top

FAU needs to hit up Shaun King. He did well at USF as a QB and RB coach. He is currently an OC at some high powered highschool now. I think he is Taggarts best choice.
Back to the top

Have we heard anything about replacements? Is Raymond Woodie, who held the position at Oregon, a fair guess for Special Teams? And then, are we looking at QB and TE as separate hires, or a catch-all, co-OC/passing-game hire? Is an off-field position at MIA better than an on-field position at FAU (RE: Lockette)? Or do we look in-house, at maybe Kelly? And to what extent does this affect our QB safari?
Back to the top

Can't hire anyone when we don't have the free cashflow…so likely won't happen until after Trickett picks up a new gig or the 12 weeks is up.
Back to the top

Rick said

Can't hire anyone when we don't have the free cashflow…so likely won't happen until after Trickett picks up a new gig or the 12 weeks is up.
Posted On: Jan 11th 2021, 4:29 PM #399906

…I forgot we were poor.
Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

Rick said

Posted On: Jan 11th 2021, 4:29 PM #399906

…I forgot we were poor.
Posted On: Jan 11th 2021, 5:04 PM #399907

Not for long though
Back to the top

In a very interesting turn of events, Coach Terry Bowden has been hired as the new skipper at ULM…and guess who is going there as his offensive coordinator:

Rich Rodriguez.

There was also word reported by Monroe News Star sports reporter Adam Hunsucker in the article linked below according to google cache that Clint Trickett would also land there according to this quote that was in the original article but has since been removed:

“Not just Rich Rod but Clint Trickett is joining the staff, former West Virginia and Florida State quarterback that was the quarterback’s coach for the first season of “Last Chance U” on Netflix.”

ULM names Rich Rodriguez as offensive coordinator | louisianaradionetwork.com
Back to the top

Wow, has RichRod fallen! OC at frigging awful ULM???????????????
Back to the top

He's lucky the cancell culture hasn't caught wind of this yet.
Back to the top

Raymond Woodie will take Fairman's spot at ST Coordinator and become Associate Head Coach.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top
Control functions: