Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UPDATED: FAU's 2020 Bowl Game - The Montgomery Bowl

So whats the deal with bowl games? How realistic is it that we play in one
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Posted On: Dec 6th 2020, 8:06 PM #398509

Very realistic we play in one
Back to the top

Not so sure about G5 teams getting many Bowl game opportunities this year. MANY minor Bowl games have been cancelled and NCAA Bowl eligibility highly favors the P5, of course!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

I think there is very high chance we end up in the boca bowl or the cure bowl in Orlando to keep travel light
Back to the top

The Cure Bowl would be a nice change up. Boca Bowl seems to be a premier G5 Bowl where the CUSA champ seems to end up. But, they already love to host us it seems and it’d be nice to get an extra home game
Back to the top

Here is the list of cancelled Bowl games for 2020 so far;

Full List of Canceled College Football Bowl Games for 2020-21 Season

Eleven (11) games cancelled! That is 22 less bowl slots available and Bowl eligibility standards (minimum wins or even a winning record!) have been totally waived by the NCAA
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Eleven (11) games cancelled! That is 22 less bowl slots available and Bowl eligibility standards (minimum wins or even a winning record!) have been totally waived by the NCAA
Posted On: Dec 7th 2020, 1:09 PM #398528

For what it’s worth, UCF just accepted a bid to the Boca Bowl. Hope we go to the Cure Bowl because we are toast if we play UCF right now
Back to the top

LawOwl said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Dec 7th 2020, 1:09 PM #398528

For what it’s worth, UCF just accepted a bid to the Boca Bowl. Hope we go to the Cure Bowl because we are toast if we play UCF right now
Posted On: Dec 7th 2020, 3:30 PM #398533

UCF will play an ACC team in the boca bowl
Back to the top

THE WILLIE WAGON said

LawOwl said

Posted On: Dec 6th 2020, 8:06 PM #398509
Very realistic we play in one
Posted On: Dec 7th 2020, 10:29 AM #398515
At least the OWLs may have a chance at a BOWL. IMO, even if we beat App. State GSU will be staying home.

The GUN OPTION STINKS! If Covid took out the top 2 teams in the Sunbelt then ma :Yawn2:ybe
Back to the top

So with every bowl projection I see us in many different bowl game scenarios.  Brett Mcmurphy thinks we go to The Myrtle beach bowl against Georgia Southern and USA Today said we can end up in the Frisco Bowl against Nevada.  I’m not sure how much of a say FAU will have on what game to go too or the opponent but I think being close is better for the fans if some decide to attend. I would love to play a G5 team that is on the fringe of getting ranked or ranked low like A Tulsa or Louisiana. Playing a Coastal or American teams is scary considering how terrible our offense is.  If we had Robison I would say bring on a Cincinnati, but I think we need to protect our undefeated bowl record and have our team travel for once. What bowl do you want to see FAU hot to and against what opponent?  About 10 games are cancelled this year,  we are fortunate To have this chance to showcase that we are relevant still after Kiffin.
Back to the top
Control functions: