Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

VP/AD Brian White and UCF AD Danny White conflict of interest

This is something that makes me really uncomfortable. While there shouldn’t be anything against the rules, it’s not a good thing to have our VP/AD’s brother as the UCF AD. I just don’t think it’s ethical. 

I think they’re talented and will continue to become successful. But I really don’t think this should be happening. If Danny White moved somewhere else i wouldn’t have a problem. But there’s a serious conflict of interest going on.
Back to the top

There is no conflict of interest that can even be listed.

G5 programs and fans need to stick together and fight the P5 that is keeping our schools out and left scraping for pennies.

Anytime G5 fans discredit schools you only help the P5 and their bull narrative that creates an unfair playing field.

Both work hard to improve the quality and stature of their programs.

And do both have done a great job.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

This is something that makes me really uncomfortable. While there shouldn’t be anything against the rules, it’s not a good thing to have our VP/AD’s brother as the UCF AD. I just don’t think it’s ethical. 

I think they’re talented and will continue to become successful. But I really don’t think this should be happening. If Danny White moved somewhere else i wouldn’t have a problem. But there’s a serious conflict of interest going on.

Posted On: Oct 13th 2020, 12:54 PM #396710

I’m confused and genuinely curious. What’s the unethical part? That Brian and Danny are both ADs? That they both work in the same state? 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

First off, I can’t criticize UCF’s AD, I repeat UCF’s AD, not our AD, without Rick being too embarrassed to acknowledge my donations. That’s unreal.

UCF is one of our rivals. We want to pass them on the G5 level. That’s a serious problem. Once one of them leaves we’ll realize it wasn’t a good situation having both of them at UCF and FAU. 

It’s ridiculous that our AD wants UCF to succeed because of his brother. It’s unethical.

Back to the top

you have some serious fetish with ucf.
mine is girls with sexy legs.
Back to the top

It’s like if I criticize UCF I’m criticizing FAU. It’s ridiculous. People aren’t even acknowledging donations I’m making because I’m criticizing our AD’s brother. 
Back to the top

NITE-OWL said

you have some serious fetish with ucf.
mine is girls with sexy legs.
Posted On: Oct 13th 2020, 1:47 PM #396718

Dirty blondes >>>>

Anyway, I don’t think it’s unethical that Brian, if he does, wants UCF to succeed because his brother is the AD. That’s what family does. 

I spoke with Brian about this before the UCF game in 2018. He said, and I’m paraphrasing, that they root for one another unless they’re playing each other. Which to me is fine. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

I don’t have a career on the line here. I’m not expecting either you or Shane to not be showering anyone named White with praise. 

The fact is, it’s uncomfortable. There’s no way around that. And we shouldn’t be rooting for UCF to be successful. That’s the whole deal. It’s like it’s a game to them. 

Once one or both of the White’s move on I think everyone will realize it wasn’t a good situation. 
Back to the top

Rick, will you please acknowledge JGF's donation, so we can all feel comfortable that there is not a conflict of interest between our AD and UCFs. Thanks
Back to the top

His brother is AD at UCF. It’s very weird that these were supposedly the only guys that could do that job. 

I’m sort of hoping 1 of them leaves so this will be over with. It’s not right. 

There’s no way to justify this being ok. And maybe UCF’s AD can leave quickly to a P5. The longer he stays he’ll be blamed for Heupel not working out. I really am looking forward to one or both of them leaving. 

It really feels like when I criticize UCF’s AD I think, oh this isn’t going to be nice to our AD. Just a bad situation. 
Back to the top
Control functions: