Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Way too early names to consider for potential coaching vacancy

DeltAlumnus said

I think I’d pass on Harsin. I think he is better fit to head back west 
Posted On: Oct 31st 2022, 1:07 PM #409918

I'd probably pass too, but I think it would be worth a conversation, just to see how he'd commit to recruiting the Southeast.
Back to the top

This could play out, Auburn hires Kiffin from Ole Pis. He's there 2 or 3 years max as they have no talent. He gets fired and comes back to Boca....

So all we need now is a caretaker manager.....

Go Owls!

Back to the top

Or just get Harsin, 5 10+ win seasons at Boise and lowest points per game on O 32.5! Would do just fine in American I think!

AND let Auburn pay a bunch of his salary!
Back to the top

Apparently Kiffin is early favorite for Auburn, and he said in May that coaches will move for NIL backing. Auburn apparently has about 13M pledged for NIL. Based on his recruiting for Ole Miss, he'd probably be great at Auburn, until Bama hires him when Saban retires or dies from a brain hemorrhage while yelling at a special teams player that missed a punt block.

I also think Kiffin would LOVE to beat Saban at Aubarn. He's just as competitive as Saban, but with a cooler personality.

For reference:

https://sports.yahoo.com/lane-kiffin-named-early-favorite-191938396.html
Back to the top

Also, not currently coaching, but Dan Mullen did a decent job at Mississippi State. Hates recruiting, but got several competitive teams in the most competitive division in college football.
Back to the top

David Slavic said

Also, not currently coaching, but Dan Mullen did a decent job at Mississippi State. Hates recruiting, but got several competitive teams in the most competitive division in college football.
Posted On: Oct 31st 2022, 5:18 PM #409926

great offensive mind, but forget about recruiting
Back to the top

Whelp USF fired jeff scott. I feel like they’re going to be a hard school to compete against for a new coach.
Back to the top

faufan2017 said

Whelp USF fired jeff scott. I feel like they’re going to be a hard school to compete against for a new coach.
Posted On: Nov 6th 2022, 7:38 PM #410019

No doubt especially when it comes to $$$$….
Back to the top

I haven't run through the entire thread and all names mentioned. Maybe already posted, but what about Bobby Petrino? He had runs at Louisville and Arkansas. Some scandal, of course. Now he is at Missouri State and he has developed a solid program there. Tons of experience. He knows how to run a program and how to win. Late in his career, and not a young gun who would be sure to jump ship after a couple of successful seasons. Not saying he would stay forever, but he might stay longer than many other options who seem to be up and comers.

**Edit. Some rumors swirling that Petrino could be looked at by Colorado.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Colorado can have him, he is a total POS!
Back to the top
Control functions: