Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Way too early names to consider for potential coaching vacancy

"Glenn Spencer was fired as the USF DC last year."

And USF D still awful gave up 48 AT HOME to East Carolina and 41 to Loserville the week before, oh and 50 to BYU AT HOME first week! 38 a game actually worse than last year at 34.7/game.

WE better get better REAL FAST or WE replace them at bottom of AAC next year
Back to the top

I don't know if USF is a good measuring stick for success/failure right now. Maybe a good coach that is at a school that cannot pay what FAU should be capable of paying next year. Admin has to know that moving to the AAC meant greater investments in salaries/facilities.

What about a coach at a power house in the FCS? Can we outpay the Funbelt?
Back to the top

David Slavic said

Glenn Spencer is currently the LB coach at Wake Forest, currently ranked 15th in the AP. I don't know if that makes a big difference, but USF wasn't good even after he was gone, and CW Jr. is at Ole Miss now, so both are gone. 
Posted On: Oct 4th 2022, 10:05 AM #409067

And 51st in total D.  
Back to the top

ROwl2007 said

I don't know if USF is a good measuring stick for success/failure right now. Maybe a good coach that is at a school that cannot pay what FAU should be capable of paying next year. Admin has to know that moving to the AAC meant greater investments in salaries/facilities.

Posted On: Oct 4th 2022, 10:09 AM #409069
What we currently pay WT places us in the middle of SunBelt coach pay.

Again, we need to increase by 400% to 500% next year to be competitive with AAC pay.  

Glenn Spencer is a good positions coach.

Charlie Weiss Jr...needs to be a full blown OC at a minimum before considered for HC job.

We get our pay to $2.5m-$3m...we should have a long list of accomplished coaches banging down the door.  We need somebody that can keep S FL kids in S FL.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

ROwl2007 said

Posted On: Oct 4th 2022, 9:09 AM #409069

Again, we need to increase by 400% to 500% next year to be competitive with AAC pay.  

Posted On: Oct 4th 2022, 9:47 AM #409072

I feel like we need a year or two in the AAC to get the revenue to be able to pay competitively there. We can't pay to the level of Cincinnati and Houston, but we can get to USF and others after a year or two of doubled revenue. We also don't have to be at the top of the AAC in year one. We're playing the long game of joining a P5, and that takes time. We just need to be bowl-eligible consistently, then contend for the conference consistently, then we get invitations to the Big 12 or ACC. But that's going to take 5-10 years.
Back to the top

David Slavic said

walty12 said

ROwl2007 said

Posted On: Oct 4th 2022, 10:47 AM #409072

I feel like we need a year or two in the AAC to get the revenue to be able to pay competitively there. We can't pay to the level of Cincinnati and Houston, but we can get to USF and others after a year or two of doubled revenue. We also don't have to be at the top of the AAC in year one. We're playing the long game of joining a P5, and that takes time. We just need to be bowl-eligible consistently, then contend for the conference consistently, then we get invitations to the Big 12 or ACC. But that's going to take 5-10 years.

Posted On: Oct 4th 2022, 11:12 AM #409073

Agree but we are NOT consistent BE in CUSA!!!!!!

And IFFAU is not willing to pay up to improve to be competitive in AAC before and not being ready we will be the dormat for a long time.

IF that is the case we should have stayed DOWN in CUSA.
Back to the top

David Slavic said

walty12 said

ROwl2007 said

If we play our cards right, I see the ACC as our future home. Eventually FSU, Miami and Clemson will defect for the SEC. And then we will be left with a structure of Power 2 (SEC, B1G) Group of 3 (Big 12, PAC 12, ACC), Rest of 5 
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

David Slavic said

walty12 said

ROwl2007 said

And IFFAU is not willing to pay up to improve to be competitive in AAC before and not being ready we will be the dormat for a long time.

Posted On: Oct 4th 2022, 11:22 AM #409074

Yea but Georgia you gotta look at the momentum Pres Kelly built while here. Before him there was very minimal investments in Athletics I think the university as a whole sees the benefits of tying it’s trajectory to athletics. Back in my day as a student, it was Mary Jane Saunders as Pres and she was basically like “Hey Howard, here’s a couple of pads and footballs. Have at it.”. Totally different today.
Back to the top

LawOwl said

GeorgiaOwl said

David Slavic said

walty12 said

ROwl2007 said

Posted On: Oct 4th 2022, 10:12 AM #409073

Posted On: Oct 4th 2022, 10:22 AM #409074

Yea but Georgia you gotta look at the momentum Pres Kelly built while here. Before him there was very minimal investments in Athletics I think the university as a whole sees the benefits of tying it’s trajectory to athletics. Back in my day as a student, it was Mary Jane Saunders as Pres and she was basically like “Hey Howard, here’s a couple of pads and footballs. Have at it.”. Totally different today.
Posted On: Oct 4th 2022, 10:27 AM #409076

LawOwl said

David Slavic said

walty12 said

ROwl2007 said

Posted On: Oct 4th 2022, 10:12 AM #409073

If we play our cards right, I see the ACC as our future home. Eventually FSU, Miami and Clemson will defect for the SEC. And then we will be left with a structure of Power 2 (SEC, B1G) Group of 3 (Big 12, PAC 12, ACC), Rest of 5 
Posted On: Oct 4th 2022, 10:24 AM #409075

Could't agree more.
Back to the top

LawOwl said

David Slavic said

walty12 said

ROwl2007 said

Posted On: Oct 4th 2022, 11:24 AM #409075

In the American everyone has great facilities and not only in football. We can not just depend on revenue from TV and few extra thousand fans because of better home games.

Major donations gotta take the next step and NIL money starts to come into major play. SMU pays each kid on football and basketball and extra 36k a season, UTSA fans raised 360k for for players, and UNT and Memphis started a collectives.
Back to the top
Control functions: