Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Way too early names to consider for potential coaching vacancy

cbboarder said

David Slavic said

GeorgiaOwl said

On Rivals we would be 7th of next years teams presently.

WE are doing better this year but to take this so far weak CUSA team into AAC with a bottom half recruiting class we will be even weaker next year without LOTS of transfer help! Especially unless the Coaching steps up A LOT!
Posted On: Oct 4th 2022, 4:14 PM #409086
We can't win in arguably the weakest of the G5 conferences, despite being at the top of the conference in terms of skill level. It's definitely a coaching issue, and we're going to get killed next year.

I believe that FAU will just let WT finish out his contract, then go hire a better coach.

Also, just floating out there Gary Patterson, if he doesn't get picked up by P5 school like Colorado that needs a big name.
Posted On: Oct 6th 2022, 9:25 AM #409102

Yes, if WT is our coach next year it's going to be a bloodbath. Especially, if he plans on having his son as our starting QB...

Nothing against the young man, I just don't think the skill level is there for a AAC schedule. Hell, he's probably a bottom tier C-USA QB.

Go Owls!

Posted On: Oct 6th 2022, 11:20 AM #409103

He’s a run first QB which increasingly becoming a thing of the past in College Football. I think next year is going to be a bloodbath regardless because WT hasn’t built any depth on this roster it’s all very top heavy 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

cbboarder said

David Slavic said

GeorgiaOwl said

WE are doing better this year but to take this so far weak CUSA team into AAC with a bottom half recruiting class we will be even weaker next year without LOTS of transfer help! Especially unless the Coaching steps up A LOT!
Posted On: Oct 4th 2022, 3:14 PM #409086
We can't win in arguably the weakest of the G5 conferences, despite being at the top of the conference in terms of skill level. It's definitely a coaching issue, and we're going to get killed next year.

I believe that FAU will just let WT finish out his contract, then go hire a better coach.

Also, just floating out there Gary Patterson, if he doesn't get picked up by P5 school like Colorado that needs a big name.
Posted On: Oct 6th 2022, 8:25 AM #409102

Yes, if WT is our coach next year it's going to be a bloodbath. Especially, if he plans on having his son as our starting QB...

Nothing against the young man, I just don't think the skill level is there for a AAC schedule. Hell, he's probably a bottom tier C-USA QB.

Go Owls!

Posted On: Oct 6th 2022, 10:20 AM #409103

He’s a run first QB which increasingly becoming a thing of the past in College Football. I think next year is going to be a bloodbath regardless because WT hasn’t built any depth on this roster it’s all very top heavy 
Posted On: Oct 6th 2022, 11:15 AM #409104

Yeah agreed. WTJ should convert to a different position. Run-first is outdated and easy to defend with the speed of today's defenses.
Back to the top

cbboarder said

David Slavic said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Oct 4th 2022, 4:14 PM #409086

Posted On: Oct 6th 2022, 9:25 AM #409102

Go Owls!
Posted On: Oct 6th 2022, 11:20 AM #409103

I guess I am out of the loop completely, but what is the deal with MJJ?
Back to the top

He's injured, not the same injury as before.
Back to the top

Rick said

Posted On: Oct 6th 2022, 5:00 PM #409107

We haven't seen much of him on the field. Does he even stay next year since his father is no longer with the program?

Go Owls!
Back to the top

cbboarder said

Rick said

Posted On: Oct 6th 2022, 5:00 PM #409107

We haven't seen much of him on the field. Does he even stay next year since his father is no longer with the program?

Go Owls!
Posted On: Oct 6th 2022, 5:23 PM #409108

Unlikely to transfer since he has had his one time transfer without sitting out.
I can not imagine he would want to transfer then have to sit a year.
Back to the top

cbboarder said

We haven't seen much of him on the field.

That's because he's been injured basically the entire year…

:Big-Grin:

Back to the top

Rick said

cbboarder said

Posted On: Oct 6th 2022, 7:34 PM #409111

Did he get injured during training camp?
Back to the top

cbboarder said

Rick said

cbboarder said

Posted On: Oct 6th 2022, 7:34 PM #409111

Did he get injured during training camp?
Posted On: Oct 6th 2022, 7:46 PM #409112

Probably another strike against the moped industry.
Back to the top

Are we back on the fire Willie bandwagon?

Please review my post from last year. A lot of decision making has to go into this. This is the year to make or break. Realistically, we would be thinking things are a lot better with a win against Ohio and a win against UNT. Both games we should have won. The game against Purdue showed promise. Was that FAU being better than we expected, or Purdue being worse? UNT was embarrasing. Let's see how this thing unravels. A finish with fewer than 7 wins and time to start thinking new coach. This is the likely scenario as we need to win 5 out of 6 to hit 7 wins. Tough to do, but a late run keeps Willie on the sidelines next year. A less than impressive finish and he should be shown the door.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: