Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Way too early names to consider for potential coaching vacancy

Idk what happened at Nebraska, but Frost seems like someone who can bring us back to glory. I also think it would be a decent amount of time before a P5 team would look at him again
Back to the top

owlmart said

Idk what happened at Nebraska, but Frost seems like someone who can bring us back to glory. I also think it would be a decent amount of time before a P5 team would look at him again
Posted On: Oct 26th 2022, 11:24 AM #409648

I've heard from folks close to this….

Frost is toxic.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

owlmart said

Frost is toxic.
Posted On: Oct 26th 2022, 11:49 AM #409649

I’ll take your word for it. Scratch Frost in that case
Back to the top

owlmart said

walty12 said

owlmart said

Frost is toxic.
Posted On: Oct 26th 2022, 11:49 AM #409649
I’ll take your word for it. Scratch Frost in that case
Posted On: Oct 26th 2022, 12:27 PM #409651
Yea, combine that with the fact that UCF didn't take a step back when he left….I'd be skeptical about going that direction.

If we had McKenzie Milton….we'd be a much different football team right now.  UCF struck gold on a few QB's in a row.  Prior to knee injury, I think Milton was best QB in the country.  The odds on recruiting him from Hawaii to Orlando, FL...unbelievable.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

NITE-OWL said

Leavitt? what baggage? because hi slapped or strangled some kid like more than 10 years ago?
He was hired here as the DC and nobody said anything.
Same thing with Briles. His baggage was more fresh when he was hired here by Lane Kiffin. It's been 4 years since he left and he has been hired by pretty well known programs, so not sure why the baggage matters now. Briles is NOT coming here. He makes good money at Arkansas.
Posted On: Oct 11th 2022, 10:33 AM #409156
It doesn't matter to me. I think Leavitt is great coach and he would be an outstanding fit for FAU. However, there seems to still be a stigma with Leavitt and you can bet administrators will think long and hard about it. That is likely why he has not received another HC position after his fall from grace.

GO OWLS!!!

Posted On: Oct 11th 2022, 11:39 AM #409157

The reason why he doesnt have another HC job is at least partly because he does not want to leave the area.

"It wasn’t an easy choice for Leavitt to leave FAU, however. His mother, Lois, is 95 and has a fading memory. And his wife and children are in Colorado. They’ll move to Tampa to be with Lois, and Leavitt’s brother also assists in taking care of his mother, who still lives in the house Jim grew up in."

Back to the top

Watching Penn State’s defense throughout this year. I am becoming more and more team Manny Diaz
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Watching Penn State’s defense throughout this year. I am becoming more and more team Manny Diaz
Posted On: Oct 29th 2022, 12:28 PM #409737

Same, especially today. The ties to South Florida don’t hurt either. Although he was so awful at Miami, and I wouldn’t want another WT situation. 
Back to the top

Not head coach material, stick to DC
Back to the top

I know good coordinator =/= good head coach, but I'd like to see Todd Orlando retained, year 2 in this scheme could be scary
Back to the top

Year 2 with healthy players could be even more…

Williams
Joyner
Mungin

All out last night.

And lets not forget how much better we are against the run with Evan back. He was basically gone for four games.
Back to the top
Control functions: