Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Way too early names to consider for potential coaching vacancy

I am not sure what to think at this point. I was disappointed to hear someone mention on the thread that Scott Frost was toxic. He has the head coaching experience, is offensive-minded, and is familiar with the AAC. 

The next person in charge is going to really have to roll up his sleeves to figure out what to do about the offense next season. New QB, holes to fill on the O Line, RB room after Johnny Ford’s eligibility is up. That is my concern with a defensive minded coach at the helm. However, I am not so sure hiring an offensive coordinator from a P5 school will do it. It hasn’t worked at USF so far. Tough call for Brian White. Hopefully whatever decision is made is a well thought out one. 
Back to the top

PlayLikeChamps said

I am not sure what to think at this point. I was disappointed to hear someone mention on the thread that Scott Frost was toxic. He has the head coaching experience, is offensive-minded, and is familiar with the AAC. 

The next person in charge is going to really have to roll up his sleeves to figure out what to do about the offense next season. New QB, holes to fill on the O Line, RB room after Johnny Ford’s eligibility is up. That is my concern with a defensive minded coach at the helm. However, I am not so sure hiring an offensive coordinator from a P5 school will do it. It hasn’t worked at USF so far. Tough call for Brian White. Hopefully whatever decision is made is a well thought out one. 
Posted On: Oct 30th 2022, 4:43 PM #409897

USF now 1-7! Jeff Scott may be available :Laughing:
Back to the top

We need a coach who can bring a QB with him.
Back to the top

owlmart said

I know good coordinator =/= good head coach, but I'd like to see Todd Orlando retained, year 2 in this scheme could be scary
Posted On: Oct 30th 2022, 2:36 PM #409875

I agree about the good coordinator =/= good HC. That's why I kind of like following the LK model: former HC who had to go back and learn as a coordinator after failing as a HC at a P5. That's why Lane was so great. He had HC experience at the NFL level, then the P5 level at two name-brand universities, then had to go back and learn some more from the GOAT. James Franklin isn't Saban, but he's an accomplished, long-tenured HC at a P5 school, and Diaz is probably taking a lot of notes from him.

Also if we keep WT for another couple of years, and Cristobal doesn't work out at the U, I'd take a hard look at him as well.
Back to the top

cbboarder said

We need a coach who can bring a QB with him.
Posted On: Oct 31st 2022, 9:25 AM #409906

I thought WT DID bring a QB with him…
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

PlayLikeChamps said

Posted On: Oct 30th 2022, 4:43 PM #409897

USF now 1-7! Jeff Scott may be available :Laughing:
Posted On: Oct 31st 2022, 8:43 AM #409904

They can have Willie back though.
Back to the top

Brian harsin is available and I think he'd be a great choice. Great record at Boise State and Auburn is in an impossibly difficult conference to break into
Back to the top

faufan2017 said

Brian harsin is available and I think he'd be a great choice. Great record at Boise State and Auburn is in an impossibly difficult conference to break into
Posted On: Oct 31st 2022, 12:18 PM #409913

Auburn is wildly dysfunctional, but Harsin wasn't a good recruiter in the SEC. Maybe he thrives in smaller G5 conference? Worth a phone call for sure though.
Back to the top

Could do worse and let Auburn pay his way here to boot! And I think a LARGE step up going into the AAC!
Back to the top

I think I’d pass on Harsin. I think he is better fit to head back west 
Back to the top
Control functions: