Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Willie Hot seat

The nightmare scenario I could see is they keep him, he goes 7-5 next year, and then he gets year 4!

It isn't hard to win 6 or 7 games with conference USA as your conference schedule. They can say it's a 2 game improvement now though

Mediocre at best with taggart here.  Aim higher
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

The nightmare scenario I could see is they keep him, he goes 7-5 next year, and then he gets year 4!

It isn't hard to win 6 or 7 games with conference USA as your conference schedule. They can say it's a 2 game improvement now though

Mediocre at best with taggart here.  Aim higher
Posted On: Nov 27th 2021, 10:49 PM #405539

We aren’t winning 7 games next year if Taggart is the coach. We’re starting 1-3 and UCF blowing is out at home again. Students will lose interest, no local support, and alumnus won’t be going either. Truly a nightmare scenario like it was at the end of the partridge era when people just stopped caring. Not a great way to go into the American.

Bring in a new coach so they have last year of C-USA as a transition year. I do not want to start the American with a first year coach.

Back to the top

Exactly - I think since Florida has so many football teams, the only way to stay relevant is to be very good and win championships and get into the top 25. Failure to do that and the program gets no attention. Literally what happened to FIU
Back to the top

Willie Taggart took a team coming off a Cusa title and plunged us back down to an also ran in record time.   The guy is complete garbage.  

Administration needs to sack up and admit their mistake.   Taggart will never coach at the fbs level again.   He can retire and live off the millions he stole from suckers like our college.  

If White and others don't fire him , we will get more of the same until he's gone.  I don't want to limp into the AAC either.  I just think they are too cheap to do it
Back to the top

This whole season has been unacceptable for what FAU football fans have come to expect.
Willie Taggart will need to make some significant changes to his position coaches, since I believe he will still be here next year. The O-line was bad this year giving up so many sacks, QB hurries and their lack of ability to create holes for RB to get through. Too many three and outs. It starts and ends in the trenches. The defense was great all year, just worn out being on the field so long each game.
Back to the top

We got worse as the season went on. Defense did enough to where if the offense had a pulse, we'd be 7-5 at least. How many times an we score in the teens? Completely unacceptable. I was rooting for Willie, but now I'm so disappointed. He'll have another year to fix it, but at the rate things are going, I expect a 3-9 season next year.
Back to the top

FAU Fan said

This whole season has been unacceptable for what FAU football fans have come to expect.
Willie Taggart will need to make some significant changes to his position coaches, since I believe he will still be here next year. The O-line was bad this year giving up so many sacks, QB hurries and their lack of ability to create holes for RB to get through. Too many three and outs. It starts and ends in the trenches. The defense was great all year, just worn out being on the field so long each game.
Posted On: Nov 28th 2021, 8:05 AM #405548

On paper we have an OLine coach that is way too experienced at P5s to have a unit perform like that. Not sure if he was literally just vacationing in paradise or what, but he should be relieved of his duties asap.
Back to the top

If WT had any integrity, he'd resign. He doesn't need our money when he has  FSU's. Of course this won't happen as he's never taken responsibility for the shite he puts on the field.

Go Owls!
Back to the top

Taggart needs to make some changes to the staff or the AD needs to make some tough decisions. The school obviously isn’t flush with cash but Taggart needs to feel some pressure this recruiting class and have some positive results next season. Side note how does the recruiting class look for next year? There really is no good reason for FAU to be middle of the pack for CUSA in recruiting.
Back to the top

I hope administration makes a decision quickly. Lest he becomes another Charlie Strong and collapses this program like USF.
Back to the top
Control functions: