Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Willie Hot seat

Shane is on-point, as usual lol. We all knew Kiffin was in a win-now strategy so he could parlay his rebranded image into a better job, and he did great, and we got to enjoy it.

I think this recruiting cycle will tell us a lot about the future of the program, and if we can restock on the lost talent that we had in recent years. As of now, it's not looking great lol, but the staff still has two weeks before early signing period to hit the trail and get some recruits, while using the transfer portal to supplement key positions.

Also, WT needs to take a hard look at his coordinators and how he uses them. Remember, we struggled with Tony Pecoraro, we were horrible, so Kiffin switched to Glenn Spencer, who was way better, and became a fan and player favorite. If WT is willing to adjust his staff, we should see more development and better results on the field. 
Back to the top

walty12 said

SeminOwl28 said

Sorry but Old Dominion and Middle Tennessee don't have more talent than Florida Atlantic.  They just have better schemes , playbooks, coaching and discipline
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2021, 9:09 AM #405657

This is a hard subject for me to debate on, because it will sound like I am trashing the kids who just put a lot of work into playing for my school this year.

But go read Shane's post again…

We dont have the talent you think we have.  And yes, the ODU team I saw was more talented than us.
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2021, 9:29 AM #405660

I already read it.  There's still more talent on this team than fricken ODU and MT. The fans here know Willie isn't going anywhere so they are making excuses now.  What we saw in those games was completely unacceptable.  Middle Tennessee was on their 4th or 5th QB of the season and had a lot of injuries and backups playing.  

They came into our house and outscored us 27-3 down the stretch.  That was embarrassing
Back to the top

David Slavic said

Shane is on-point, as usual lol. We all knew Kiffin was in a win-now strategy so he could parlay his rebranded image into a better job, and he did great, and we got to enjoy it.

I think this recruiting cycle will tell us a lot about the future of the program, and if we can restock on the lost talent that we had in recent years. As of now, it's not looking great lol, but the staff still has two weeks before early signing period to hit the trail and get some recruits, while using the transfer portal to supplement key positions.

Also, WT needs to take a hard look at his coordinators and how he uses them. Remember, we struggled with Tony Pecoraro, we were horrible, so Kiffin switched to Glenn Spencer, who was way better, and became a fan and player favorite. If WT is willing to adjust his staff, we should see more development and better results on the field. 
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2021, 9:53 AM #405663

Spencer is available again!
Back to the top

David Slavic said

Posted On: Dec 2nd 2021, 9:53 AM #405663

I go into wayyy more detail but the current roster as it stands has more than 60 guys with 3 years or more eligibility left plus what comes in next year as Fr. Some if this has to do with Covid and 2020 not count as a year, but the roster is slanted young because of the failings from those past classes.
They need to focus on ready to play talent.
Back to the top

I know Taggart has a history of being an elite recruiter so if we do retain him, I would be happy to know that we are building out a promising program. I know Shane has a breakdown of our previous classes, but I still don't believe talent is what stopped us from winning against ODU, WKU, Southern Miss, Georgia State & almost losing to UTEP

The biggest change I hope Taggart makes this offseason is to step away from calling plays on offense and letting his OC do all the work. He is wayy too predictable with his calls and that's a recipe for disaster. If he needs to fire his OC again this season, so be it.

He also needs to sit down and learn game time management because we've truly seen some wildly mismanaged games in the last two years - UTEP comes to mind but there are so many other examples where we squandered points because of purely unacceptable time management.

WT better have a good season next year (like a 10-2 season) or I'd donate money to have him gone
Back to the top

Special teams and clock management were disappointing. Even the MTSU game, clock winding down at the half, MTSU has a 4th down, why even let them get another play? Call a timeout and make them punt. It was silly things like that 
Back to the top

I am old school and believe that you can coach up a player to be the best they can be.  The rah rah coach will always get the best out of their players because they believe in the process. This team is talented the rankings are a biased composition of what a person thinks a player should be.  You can’t measure drive, spirit and playing up to being the best player that you can be. 

Taggart does not make players play up to their best versions of themselves.  Look at Chase Lasaters tweet the other day, thanked Kiffin and Stoops and no mention of Taggart.  The team literally broke down with no lack of guidance.  The players probably don’t trust Taggart because I feel he plays favorites. Look at Davidson I know he was always injured here or there but he was a mom factor this season.  Perry was given so many chances and was subpar at best, give Tronti more chances and others who want to get experience.  

I think Taggart should be gone, I thought of something though.  His next Flowers was Deions son Who was Freshman of the year in the Swac. Had Shadeur came to FAU who knows how things would have gone.  Next year I can see Ohio and Purdue destroying us,  winnable schedule finally to only go winless.  
Back to the top

Is that not a Coaches job - coach UP all players and put them in a position to succeed! And there guys get paid a TON of $$$ to COACH football, even here at FAU.

I would do it in a second and so would most of you. And we could guaranteed do no worse over the last four games of EACH of the past 2 seasons under Taggert. Coaching football is NOT rocket science, it is football!! In fact I believe with a high probability we could have done better with the talent at FAU.
Back to the top

faufan300 said

I am old school and believe that you can coach up a player to be the best they can be.  The rah rah coach will always get the best out of their players because they believe in the process. This team is talented the rankings are a biased composition of what a person thinks a player should be.  You can’t measure drive, spirit and playing up to being the best player that you can be. 

Taggart does not make players play up to their best versions of themselves.  Look at Chase Lasaters tweet the other day, thanked Kiffin and Stoops and no mention of Taggart.  The team literally broke down with no lack of guidance.  The players probably don’t trust Taggart because I feel he plays favorites. Look at Davidson I know he was always injured here or there but he was a mom factor this season.  Perry was given so many chances and was subpar at best, give Tronti more chances and others who want to get experience.  

I think Taggart should be gone, I thought of something though.  His next Flowers was Deions son Who was Freshman of the year in the Swac. Had Shadeur came to FAU who knows how things would have gone.  Next year I can see Ohio and Purdue destroying us,  winnable schedule finally to only go winless.  
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2021, 10:51 PM #405672

I think a lot of these things are never as bad as it seems and never good as it looks.

People will read a lot into Chase's letter, but in reality, he was not happily playing the new position.

FAU had a lot of guys who could play inside, and they thought Chase would be versatile enough to play something else.

It did not work.

It was made public he was not happy about it by family.

You want to have the X's and O's conversation that is fine, but saying players do not trust Taggart is a reach.

FAU has had five players enter the portal since September; two who never played and three who were all super seniors.

Most schools have seen double digits. As I have pointed out, FAU could use a few more entries by non-contributors to give them room to flip more of the roster.

Let us also not forget how Driskel booked it after 2017…

In a locker room of 100 guys, I promise I can find a few who are unhappy.

As for Tronti, he was given every opportunity to play. If you compare every major satirical passing category between him and Perry, Tronti is worse.

Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

faufan300 said

Posted On: Dec 2nd 2021, 10:51 PM #405672

I think a lot of these things are never as bad as it seems and never good as it looks.

People will read a lot into Chase's letter, but in reality, he was not happily playing the new position.

FAU had a lot of guys who could play inside, and they thought Chase would be versatile enough to play something else.

It did not work.

It was made public he was not happy about it by family.

You want to have the X's and O's conversation that is fine, but saying players do not trust Taggart is a reach.

FAU has had five players enter the portal since September; two who never played and three who were all super seniors.

Most schools have seen double digits. As I have pointed out, FAU could use a few more entries by non-contributors to give them room to flip more of the roster.

Let us also not forget how Driskel booked it after 2017…

In a locker room of 100 guys, I promise I can find a few who are unhappy.

As for Tronti, he was given every opportunity to play. If you compare every major satirical passing category between him and Perry, Tronti is worse.

Posted On: Dec 3rd 2021, 8:59 AM #405674

Shane, you have always been a great source of knowledge and fact.
Chase wants to play inside and hopes for an NFL future.
Coaches put players where they will help the team.
I always enjoy your insight.

Back to the top
Control functions: