Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Willie Hot seat

Eight and the East, I think saves him. At Eight and the East, I'm not sure anyone admits they'd been wrong about him. They'll say, the scheduled allows for Eight and the East… And, yea.

Ten with a dropped Two, maybe that's another story.

But yea, if we fall to One and Eleven, that One better be FIU.
Back to the top

I usually expect 8 wins from FAU, anything less than that is under performing in my opinion.
He recruits well and the current roster should be capable of doing that.
at Ohio = W
SL        = W
UCF      = L
Purdue  = L
FIU       = W

I don't know who else we play but all conference games are winnable.
Back to the top

NITE-OWL said

I usually expect 8 wins from FAU, anything less than that is under performing in my opinion.
He recruits well and the current roster should be capable of doing that.
at Ohio = W
SL        = W
UCF      = L
Purdue  = L
FIU       = W

I don't know who else we play but all conference games are winnable.
Posted On: Dec 12th 2021, 11:33 PM #405906

Agreed. 8 is my barometer for a successful season. A coach should get 3 chances here to have a successful season.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Rick said

Sounds like some folks have been listening to the podcast, particularly Kirk's commentary!

:Big-Grin:

In all seriousness though, agreed on year three.

Third is the charm on a number of levels.

Questions is how many wins chills the seat?

Personally I think you have to go 7-5, 6-6 will not do it.
Posted On: Dec 12th 2021, 7:05 PM #405899

7 wins probably gets another year, although if the offense is still struggling in those 7 wins, I could still see there being calls to make a change going into the American.  8 or more wins and that likely gets Willie a new contract.  
Back to the top

I think 8 wins and he gets another season. I don’t think he deserves a new contract until he wins a cUSA championship or at least gets to the championship game 
Back to the top

Yea and I think his current contract is for 5 years so he at least gets his fourth year and no extension. It’s 8-4 or bust for me. 
Back to the top

Meyer is out in Jax....I hear FAU is a good place to rehab your image.... we can go from the Lane Train to the Urban Suburban....

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Nah....the man goes mental when he has a losing or even middling program
Back to the top

Could you imagine the heart palpitations he would have after losing to WKU? He might just collapse on the field.
Back to the top

David Slavic said

Could you imagine the heart palpitations he would have after losing to WKU? He might just collapse on the field.
Posted On: Dec 16th 2021, 9:41 AM #405973

😂
Back to the top
Control functions: