Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Willie Hot seat

DeltAlumnus said

Rick said

What's everyone going to talk about when he's here next season?

As it is, no one talks about anything else.

Win = GHOST TOWN.

So…
Posted On: Nov 19th 2022, 1:19 PM #410381

Well back to this. If he is next year I can guarantee I won’t be talking about FAU. I will just enjoy College football as a whole and not worry about FAU cause I know what the results will look like 
Posted On: Nov 19th 2022, 7:02 PM #410529

Same here.  December 1 his buyout goes down I believe.  

If they don't make the call, I won't waste my time.  Being cheap and not trying to win means they wouldn't deserve my time and support
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

DeltAlumnus said

Rick said

What's everyone going to talk about when he's here next season?

As it is, no one talks about anything else.

Win = GHOST TOWN.

So…
Posted On: Nov 19th 2022, 1:19 PM #410381

Well back to this. If he is next year I can guarantee I won’t be talking about FAU. I will just enjoy College football as a whole and not worry about FAU cause I know what the results will look like 
Posted On: Nov 19th 2022, 7:02 PM #410529

Same here.  December 1 his buyout goes down I believe.  

If they don't make the call, I won't waste my time.  Being cheap and not trying to win means they wouldn't deserve my time and support
Posted On: Nov 19th 2022, 7:20 PM #410539
Agree 100% as well. Like last year, bowl eligibility on the line…..MTSU…..

AWFUL PREP!!!!!
Back to the top

Very disappointing performance seems like the team just got out worked. Thought we would have figured these road woes by now. The good thing is we’re a MUCH better team at home. Let’s get the W next week and get to the Cure Bowl
Back to the top

Defensive plan was atrocious, IMO.

Absolutely waxed.
Back to the top

MTSU has NOT topped 24 points scored in a game the past 5 GAMES!

Did better than that by the half!

With a QB coming off of injury that was a game time decision.

NO adjustments made on D.

ZERO sacks on 55 pass attempts, again NO adjustments on D.

Playing an injured QB who fumbles at goal line losing possession!

With Bow eligibility on the line = THEY wanted it, WE did not!!!

AGAIN JUST LIKE LAST Season!!!!!
Back to the top

Interestingly their new OC had no problem scoring points against us.
We hired their OC Brent Dearmon from last year and we were not able to beat them.
Maybe the talent the new Middle Tennessee OC inherited was good enough to coach up and our talent was not there for Dearmon.
I am worried about the potential of departures from FAU to the Transfer Portal next year, especially if Taggart is replaced.
Only three players from FAU Football Portal actually were picked up.
Lasater to EKU, Adams to Syracuse and Hayball to Vanderbilt.
The majority of the remaining players were there because of grades issues at FAU.
Anyone looking to transfer should take a good look the lack of interest in current FAU players.
Back to the top

Well that’s the thing. We lose next week and Willie is gone then what? We’re looking at 3-4 year rebuild. 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Well that’s the thing. We lose next week and Willie is gone then what? We’re looking at 3-4 year rebuild. 
Posted On: Nov 20th 2022, 7:19 AM #410576

No rebuild necessary. The talent is absolutely there. It’s scheme and hunger. Our coaches don’t appear to have either.

Get a QB for next year’s squad with a coaching staff that gives a damn and we have a winning ball club. That, of course, assumes our good players (Westers, Edrine, Mobley) don’t hit the portal if Willie leaves.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

LawOwl said

Posted On: Nov 20th 2022, 7:19 AM #410576

No rebuild necessary. The talent is absolutely there. It’s scheme and hunger. Our coaches don’t appear to have either.

Get a QB for next year’s squad with a coaching staff that gives a damn and we have a winning ball club. That, of course, assumes our good players (Westers, Edrine, Mobley) don’t hit the portal if Willie leaves.
Posted On: Nov 20th 2022, 8:26 AM #410577

The problem is now with the portal and one free transfer, the days of a coach coming in and inheriting a legitimate core the way Lane did here or Huepel did at UCF are over. Like look at Ole Miss. If Lane leaves there for Auburn, his replacement isn’t walking in guaranteed to keep that same roster, maybe minus a couple guys here and there. You could have a mass exodus because there’s nothing stopping the players. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

I have a hunch a lot of players don’t really like Taggart, and if he goes a lot of players won’t hit the transfer portal as long as the new coach is decent. 
Back to the top
Control functions: