Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Willie Hot seat

faufan2017 said

I have a hunch a lot of players don’t really like Taggart, and if he goes a lot of players won’t hit the transfer portal as long as the new coach is decent. 
Posted On: Nov 20th 2022, 8:45 AM #410579

I believe your hunch is just that and no one really knows for sure.
We had a number of transfer portal players come in because of Taggart, including a few from FSU that he had recruited.
Back to the top

FAU Fan said

The majority of the remaining players were there because of grades issues at FAU.
Posted On: Nov 20th 2022, 7:16 AM #410575

And cheating

Back to the top

FAU Fan said

faufan2017 said

I have a hunch a lot of players don’t really like Taggart, and if he goes a lot of players won’t hit the transfer portal as long as the new coach is decent. 

We had a number of transfer portal players come in because of Taggart, including a few from FSU that he had recruited.
Posted On: Nov 20th 2022, 9:04 AM #410580

Yeah and how is that working out for us ?  
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Well that’s the thing. We lose next week and Willie is gone then what? We’re looking at 3-4 year rebuild. 
Posted On: Nov 20th 2022, 7:19 AM #410576

And if we keep Taggart we will just throw away another year or more because he's an awful coach.  I'd argue that any player leaving because of Willie Taggart isn't using his brain.

Hire a competent coach and he will be able to get guys too.  I'd argue plenty of more opportunities because those on the outside in many places can see how terrible Taggart is as our coach presently
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

FAU Fan said

faufan2017 said

Posted On: Nov 20th 2022, 9:37 AM #410582

Well, people say we have all of this talent and a number of them came through the portal.
Back to the top

Talent that is not coached up or prepared to play is WASTED talent. FAU has had FAR too much of that!

Asa Wille said their backs re up to the wall and playing at home.

If not ready to play and win at home, that means program NEEDS MANY CHANGES. MANY!!!!

Especially moving up to better competition.
Back to the top

FAU Fan said

SeminOwl28 said

FAU Fan said

faufan2017 said

Posted On: Nov 20th 2022, 9:37 AM #410582

Well, people say we have all of this talent and a number of them came through the portal.
Posted On: Nov 20th 2022, 11:01 AM #410584

Those people are for the most part lazy on the transfers.   They just write fluff pieces using the former p5 school as if it's a badge of honor.  These guys are transferring because they aren't talented enough or flunk out.   It's not the way yo build your team
Back to the top

The transfer angle is of no concern to me. With NIL FAU has even less control of this situation than ever before. Some guys will leave regardless of coach. And a new coach will be enticing to some players. Maybe the fact that there are so many holes on this roster will be something the next guy can sell. 
Back to the top

I’m preparing next week as if it will be our last game with Willie. The next HC hire will be the most important decision in the history of this athletics dept. We need to get it right and risk being the AAC doormat for years on years
Back to the top

LawOwl said

I’m preparing next week as if it will be our last game with Willie. The next HC hire will be the most important decision in the history of this athletics dept. We need to get it right and risk being the AAC doormat for years on years
Posted On: Nov 20th 2022, 8:10 PM #410592
Agreed, we could even go below 1-10 USF who's ONLY win was game 1 vs, FCS Howard! In facts 3 of the 4 wins the past three YEARS under Jeff Scott were vs. FCS schools with the ONLY FBS win vs. Temple!!!!!!!!

Willie and staff and team pull of the upset Sat at home then ok things may be getting better. But I would more expect another drubbing just like on Sat! 
Back to the top
Control functions: